school me on 1st gen tundras

rdneckride

Steve,

I owned a 2000 Tundra and a 2001 Tacoma and having had both at the same time and used them both for towing a 16.5 foot boat I found that I disliked the Tundra when it came to milage w/ w/o a load in it. The tundra was an automatic and never seemed to get decent milage. The Tacoma was a much better rig all around for me. It got better milage, towed the boat better and was better suited for the trails I saw here in Utah county when hunting. I think my biggest disappoint ment was that the tacoma towed the boat better than the tundra any day of the week. I would do 70 all the way to Strawberry in the tacoma and the tundra was lucky to not drop below 55. The tundra would take a tank and 1/2 to go to Lake powel whent he tacoma woudl take 3/4 of a tank. This may have been due to me trying to keep the tundra at 65 all the way but again the tacoma never struggled.

Supposedly the newer Tundras have more power and have worked out the milage/gearing issues I experianced. Ultimately my next truck will either be a Tacoma or one of the domestic 4 doors.