School me on motorhome purchase

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I am planning on buying a motorhome this week, my question is this, is it just like purchasing a vehicle where I give the seller the cash and I get the title and get it registered and I am good to go or is there something more to the process? I know this sounds dumb but I am just wanting to know what is different if any in purchasing a motorhome compared to a vehicle.
Thanks

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I think the only difference with motorhomes are that you will pay property tax based on the value rather than the standard registration fees. That might be if it's over a certain weight, I don't really remember. Call the dmv and ask. They will likely ask what the weight of it is and tell you if you need to pay property tax or standard fees.

Other than that, yea just get the title transferred to you.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yup, just like any vehicle. Getting the emissions and inspection can be a pain, some shops don't like to touch them.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Yes it is the same as any other motor vehicle.

I think the only difference with motorhomes are that you will pay property tax based on the value rather than the standard registration fees. That might be if it's over a certain weight, I don't really remember. Call the dmv and ask. They will likely ask what the weight of it is and tell you if you need to pay property tax or standard fees.

Other than that, yea just get the title transferred to you.

Thanks guys, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I just wanted to clarify there wasn't anything I was unaware of.
Thanks

Stacey

When we bought our class a this summer we were actually looking for a class c. By searching craigslist city by city, tried the search engines but found a lot more then they found, we found the motorhomes were significantly cheaper outside of Utah. Seams people and businesses in Utah still want an arm and a leg for them. Arizona and Texas was the best finds.

rholbrook

Let's see a picture Chaz.

When I lived in Mesa, you had snowbirds losing a spouse and then not wanting to leave family so they would unload the RV a d go back home

Caleb

When we bought our class a this summer we were actually looking for a class c. By searching craigslist city by city, tried the search engines but found a lot more then they found, we found the motorhomes were significantly cheaper outside of Utah. Seams people and businesses in Utah still want an arm and a leg for them. Arizona and Texas was the best finds.

For used that's fine, but buying new, I would't buy out-of-state simply for the fact that WHEN you have to have warranty work done, usually local dealers will tell you to go pound sand. They're not like car dealers that any dealer for your particular make can (and will) do the work. If you didn't buy it there, they usually won't do warranty work.

When we bought ours new this last spring, we bought at a local dealer. We paid probably $2-$3K more than we could have found if we wanted to go out-of-state but we've already had to see the dealer a couple times and it's been quite convenient to be able to drive 20-30 mins.