scrap prices?

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I got almost $1800.00 and ounce of Platinum!

Oh wait...

Last time I took in steel I got $80.00 a ton, That was a few years ago however :)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I just took in a decent load of copper.... walked out with $157 and change... Not sure what it was per ton though.. I had maybe 300 pounds..

Buddy in Bullhead that is moving to Orem has 10 tons (estimated) scrap laying around and says the 97 bucks a ton is not worth his time.... Dang I wish I could get some leave right now!

DToy

I took a load to MCR in Orem on Wednesday - $125/ton. My load was about 1,600 pounds and I walked out with $99.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
If you have old aluminum wheels laying around that are ugly or screwed up then take em in. I got almost 20$ a piece for three ford explorer rims I had laying about. 15x7 stocker aluminums....I have kept an eye out for wheels at yard sales for CHEAP because the scrap price is through the roof.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i am assuming you can get a better price if its all steel(not a mixed load)

the company i work for does a lot of bathroom tear outs. and all the tubs end up in the dumpster, some stamped steel some cast iron, i am just curious to fond out if its worth my time and effort to collect them.

they probably wont be considered all steel anyway since they are coated in porcelain.

i am assuming you can get a better price if its all steel(not a mixed load)

the company i work for does a lot of bathroom tear outs. and all the tubs end up in the dumpster, some stamped steel some cast iron, i am just curious to fond out if its worth my time and effort to collect them.

they probably wont be considered all steel anyway since they are coated in porcelain.

I took in an entire load of old tubs and sinks the other day. 120 a ton and they sorted it for me.