Scratches!!

utekrawler

So I am a Utah Utes fan and I have a Utes license plate on my jeep! Well I like to get my jeep dirty.. So it turns out the other day somebody thought it would be funny to draw a big BYU on my hood in the dirt.. Well I washed it this morning and the byu didn't go away.. The byu got scratched into the hood of my JK and now I'm a little bit pissed off!! I just wanted to vent a little bit and let the guys on RME know about my little disaster! (not that my jeep is meant to stay pretty and a mall crawler)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
That sucks... was it a buddy that did it, or a stranger being a douche? Probably not worth the deductable, but could you claim it on your insurance?

You could always put a hood-sized "U" sticker over it...

sixstringsteve

That's too bad. I think it's sad what people will do for their sports "team." Most likely they thought it'd be funny and they didn't realize the potential to damage your car. Still unacceptable though. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I agree with Stephen, a good detail/waxing should help it.

A month ago, someone went around writing on everyone's cars with shoe polish. I have a soft top on my tracker, and their words are still scratched into the rear window.

Caleb

Some rubbing compound will get that right out...or go have it professionally buffed if you aren't comfortable with it. My last Tacoma I bought had some huge gouges in it from tree branches, etc. The guy I bought it from had them buffed and they all came right out and it looked great after that. You could see a 1/4" scratch up by the bed liner where they couldn't buff and you could see how deep they really were.

I'm sure you're pissed about it but, IMO, that actually is pretty funny :D Reminds me of a time many years ago when my uncle was getting married. Of course they had to go trash his truck so they bought some hair color to paint words on it...apparently that paint was permanent when not used on hair. He had to get a new paint job as a result of it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
That is pretty funny. I'm sure they didn't mean to cause permanent damage.

But They are right: rubbing compound + orbital buffer and you'll be fine.

or go wheeling and scratch the rest of your paint up to match ;)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I had a similar experience once, but it was swastikas and dirty words by some "buddies" and work when I was a teen.

rholbrook

I don't like BYU. In fact, I hate them — I hate everything about them. I hate their program. I hate their fans.

I think the whole university and their fans and organization is classless. I don't respect them.

Cascadia

Undecided
Just because a BYU was drawn on his hood doesn't mean it was a BYU fan. IMO chances are it was probably a U fan that thought it would be funny. I think that anyone that knows a rivalry thinks it would be funny to do that. But it's too bad that people don't know dust can hurt your car when they do that.

That being said.....GO GATORS!!!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
who doesnt know by now that it scratches the paint... Id be upset, but then I gave up on paint on Jeeps years ago, buff it out and from now on put the scratches on the sides of the Jeep.

rholbrook

Just because a BYU was drawn on his hood doesn't mean it was a BYU fan. IMO chances are it was probably a U fan that thought it would be funny. I think that anyone that knows a rivalry thinks it would be funny to do that. But it's too bad that people don't know dust can hurt your car when they do that.

That being said.....GO GATORS!!!

I was using Max Halls words and just switched it to BYU

STAG

On my grind
While we are on the topic, who do you guys reccomend as professional buffing places? My duramax is black and has visible swirls and small blemishes in it that I'm sure would come out with a good buff job.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I don't like BYU. In fact, I hate them — I hate everything about them. I hate their program. I hate their fans.

I think the whole university and their fans and organization is classless. I don't respect them.

I see what you did there. Nice.