Update Search For Susan Powell 4/10/2010

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm posting this from another forum (Utah Concealed Carry dot com), which was posted by Strategic Tactical Group LLC.

Thought that this could be a good event to participate in for some cabin fever busting, spring hiking, gps using, and all for a good cause.. Maybe more leads could turn up in this case? Who knows...

There is a volunteer search going to take place in the West Desert for Susan Powell who has been missing since December 2009. STG will be there to help. We would love to get a group of UCC Members to help with this effort if at all possible. It will be held on April 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM. STG will be bringing our trailer for a place to stay out of the weather, with some power, Water and place to recoup if needed. We will also have two 4 wheelers and encourage all others who can attend to help. STG will meet in tooele at the Chevron right off the Highway at 8:00 AM and will depart at 8:20 AM. Please sound off on here if you plan on attending. If you have two way radios, GPS and small firsts aid kit, these are HIGHLY recomended. Also plan for a long day and bring your lunch, comfortable hiking boots, appropriate safety/survival gear (in a back pack or fanny pack). Below is the info from the FaceBook page:

As the weather warms up there has been renewed interest in searching for clues to Susan Cox Powell’s disappearance. A diverse group of friends and professionals have pooled their experience and expertise to instigate this search effort with the approval of her family.

On April 10th, 2010 there will be an extensive search for clues in Utah’s West Desert. The command post will be south of Tooele and west of Vernon, UT at the Simpson Springs camp ground. From there search parties will be sent out to different areas to cover as much ground as possible from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We hope many volunteers will join us so we can search a large area. Volunteers will be put in teams and assigned an area to search. There are several roads in the area, but most of the searching will be done on foot over some hill country and flatlands.

Volunteer Preparation List

Thank you for your willingness to volunteer to help search for clues in the disappearance of Susan Powell in the West Desert of Utah. Be sure your car is gassed up as there are no services for about 75 miles, depending on where you are assigned to search. We recommend that you car pool with 3-4 buddies. Make sure that at least one of you has a GPS and knows how to use it.

We need volunteers who are as prepared as possible to make this an effective effort. For safety reasons, those between 16 and 18 will need to be accompanied by a guardian and everyone who volunteers in the search will need to sign a waiver form. Photo ID is required of all volunteers. A GPS for each group and knowledge of how to use it is strongly encouraged.

You will need to bring the following:

o A filled in copy of the waiver form acknowledging that you are solely responsible for your actions on the search.

o A photo ID to show you are of age and to track which searchers have returned and who is still unaccounted for.

o Short wave radios would be helpful as there is no cell phone coverage in the search area.

o You need to be in good health and prepared for significant physical excursion.

o You are responsible to check the weather and to dress appropriately in layers, with comfortable hiking boots, and a jacket, etc.

o You should also bring an emergency preparedness pack with a basic first aid kit, water, snacks, flare, etc.

NOTE: We want volunteers to be safe and part of an effective team. If you show up to search without these things you may not be able to be part of the search effort.

Stay tuned to this site and http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/ for more

You can also contact STG at 801-915-4118 if you have supplies you would like to dontate such as water, snacks, rope, first aid items etc. We hope to see you there.

Bart

Saw this on the news this morning and am hoping I can make it out there. She needs to be found. Have it on my calendar.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I agree with there being a handful of folks on here who know the area really well, who would be an asset to such a search. I'd love for nothing more than to see more evidence come to light that would move the case along.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
She probably shouldn't be too hard to find now. Probably getting pretty ripe now with the warm weather we've been having.

It's sad. I hope they find her and hang her f*cking husband!!!

muleskinner

I have a hard time thinking he really told them where he went. I'd look around the Book Cliffs or somewhere opposite of where he said he was "camping" I wish everyone luck and I hope they find her but I think he may be a liar..:eek: (Although, I have found myself looking closer at the gut piles the crows are sitting on when I've been out this year)

Good luck.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I have a hard time thinking he really told them where he went.

That's what I'm thinking too. The authorities haven't found any indication what-so-ever that he was actually where he said he was. If someone ever does find her location, I'm betting it'll be accidental, like a hunter or someone like that stumbling across her remains.