Security Cameras

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Long story that goes with this. But I had an item go missing last week and due to the nature of the missing item I figured that it was 1 of about 3 neigbhors. So I picked up a Tasco 5MP trail camera that sportsmans had on sale for $70

http://www.tasco.com/products/index...bb32c1976-4ACDF9AC-DBDC-A5EE-8495104DEFEBBBB4

Attached you will see photos of my neighbors comming into my yard just before midnight, and then again just after 7 AM. So now I get to have a little friendly chat with the neighbors letting them know that it is not cool to be snooping around yards without permission. -_-

Here are portraits of my snooping neighbors so you can get an idea of the quality of the photos both day and night.

HUNT0125.JPG

HUNT0128.JPG

HUNT0132.JPG

Venture13

What sucks is that if you sit in your truck waiting with a shotgun, it would be premeditated.. I already had a few spendy items stolen this year. Cameras don't lie..

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Set up a motion detected hose. An electric fence would be cool too and turn it in at night.

My idea was a trip wire, a loud siren, and one of those magnetic door locks installed on my gate. If you trip the wire the gate holds locked and a loud siren goes off. It would be easy to incorporate a garden hose at the same time for added entertainment :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
so does it flash when it takes the picture so they know they got caught....or they have no idea your going to pay them a visit

Badger

I am the Brute squad
The flash is infrared so it's not visible. What reason would they have for going into your yard. Possibly a lost pet? Is that gate normally closed,have they opened it? I would be pissed off that anybody would even step foot onto my property let alone going into my back yard that is fenced and closed.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
so does it flash when it takes the picture so they know they got caught....or they have no idea your going to pay them a visit

It does not flash, but you can visibally see the LED's with a slight red glow when they are activated. I don't know if better cameras are more invisible than that or not. The red glow is dim enough that if you were not looking for it or at it you would not recognize the glow.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The little chat with the neighbor did not go so smooth. I stayed calm and collected and factual. He went all defensive and emotional. He was visibly shaking, voice cracking lots of apologizing and anger. They had lost their cat (neighborhood cats are a whole other story) and had come into my yard to look for it. We now agree that if I see their cat I will notify them, and they will not enter my yard for any reason. If they have lost their cat and feel it is in my yard they can call or knock first and I will inspect for them.

As I walked away I heard the car doors slamming, and turned around to see him kick the garbage can, and then push it into the house, then a final slam as he entered his house.

I must be a bad guy to ask the neighbors to not wander my yard at midnight. :rolleyes:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
He just knocked on my door for round 2....

This time he was very nice and apologetic and in control. He apologized for telling me I am a bad neighbor, and said I caught him off guard and at a bad time. So it all ends on a good note. We agree that his family with stay out unless given permission. He admitted to being the person in my yard a week ago snooping around for his cat, plus admitted to being the one on camera again looking for his cat. They are pretty good neighbors, but they also know that they crossed the line.