Sego, Utah - Ghost towns, Petroglyphs and Pictographs

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
4-26-10 update

The wife and I explored Sego earlier today after leaving Moab.

Sadly, the boarding house shown in post #3 has collapsed. :(

On the up side, Sego was AWESOME. We loved it! :cool:

Attachments

• sego1.jpg
    sego1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
That brought back some memories! I knew last year as only one tree was holding it that it would go... I actually walked through it...
The last photo on this entry will show the building when it was still standing up... You can the tree on the right... Will be in that area soon, might go back to check it out!
Thanks for the update...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We hit this area for Mem. Day this year. WAY windy but turned out pretty good after the wind. Interesting to see your shots of the boarding house next to the company store. It's now fully collapsed. Here's some of my shots. Some are almost EXACTLY your framing.

IMG_0353_edited-1 (Small).JPGIMG_0098 (Small).JPGIMG_0120 (Small).JPGIMG_0126 (Small).JPG

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Hey, cool pics. That boarding house was on the ground by the time I got to see it, very neat to see pictures of it standing.

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
Funny that we are still "quietly" here! Louisiana right now after spine surgery and a new hip!
Beautiful video! What drone are you using?
I had a couple but sold them. Must get another one...
At least I am 4x4 for now! 2000 Ford F350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 progressive lockers / 2014 Northern Lite slide in camper... Quite a departure from the tent while I heal..
Stay well...
Ara and Spirit

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Funny that we are still "quietly" here! Louisiana right now after spine surgery and a new hip!
Beautiful video! What drone are you using?
I had a couple but sold them. Must get another one...
At least I am 4x4 for now! 2000 Ford F350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 progressive lockers / 2014 Northern Lite slide in camper... Quite a departure from the tent while I heal..
Stay well...
Ara and Spirit

Hey Ara! I saw that you went under the knife, sounds like you'll be back out and moving soon enough! Good to see you post up here!!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm filming with a DJI Mavic and I love it. The images are excellent and all the tech built into it make flying and more importantly, the filming, look damn near professional!

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
Thanks. Yes! That is the one I would want for when back on the sidecar could carry. The ones I had where just too bulky! They are sold out right now. Soon I hope. Did you tape that in 4K? It is such a great quality. Even with YouTube always downgrading it. Would really be curious to know and would appreciate the follow up. Obviously it has the follow me function... Right? And yes, we will be back on the road in about a week. One more check up! The body has taken a beating but doing really well. The camper is totally self contained with solar, Genset and even drinking water filtration!
Thank you....
Ara and Spirit

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks. Yes! That is the one I would want for when back on the sidecar could carry. The ones I had where just too bulky! They are sold out right now. Soon I hope. Did you tape that in 4K? It is such a great quality. Even with YouTube always downgrading it. Would really be curious to know and would appreciate the follow up. Obviously it has the follow me function... Right? And yes, we will be back on the road in about a week. One more check up! The body has taken a beating but doing really well. The camper is totally self contained with solar, Genset and even drinking water filtration!
Thank you....
Ara and Spirit

Yeah, the portability of the Mavic is a huge step in the right direction. It does have 'Follow me', plus 'Active track' where you can highlight something/someone and 'Terrain follow' where the Mavic will actually gain and drop elevation as whatever you are following does. Like I said, the tech built into the Mavic is impressive! I used Active Track for that intro shot and it worked great. I'm still figuring out all the options, it's very in-depth! And yes, this was filmed in 4k... I'm limited to 1080p with YouTube, but it still looks pretty incredible!

Good to hear you're on the mend and have a comfortable place to heal up! We'll have to get together when you're out this way next!

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Will be back up soon in the spring. On to Arizona for now. You know, moving with the weather... Must learn how to drive! I had the progressive lockers installed as insurance after getting stuck once. Thanks again for sharing. Need to get back to our thread !
Stay well
Ara and Spirit

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Great Video Greg.

It's good to see Beemerchef around also, it's been a while was starting to wonder where you went. I got a couple of co-workers with BMW cycles and I keep telling them to check our your page.

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
Thank you Spork.
Takes time to heal from surgeries and the mental acceptance of new aspects of the path of Life are at times better handled in a bit of isolation. Here is to another 10 years of adventures! Only the vehicle will change at times ...
Stay well
Ara and Spirit