seized brake pistons

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Big C clamp and pressure.. you can try some spray lube too but if it is seized I would just replace it instead of trying to get it to free up.. they aren't that $$ and brakes that you can trust are kinda important :)

Will3161

Thanks for the help. Cracking the bleeder valve was the key. I actually had to take it a little further and remove the brake line from the caliper. I would just replace them, but I'm kinda low on $$ (Christmas and all).

kd7kmp

The issue with simply cracking the bleeder and cranking down on the caliper with a c-clamp is the possibility of tearing the sealing o-ring in the bore. Whatever caused the piston to stick needs to be addressed. Please be careful driving the Jeep until you resolve the underlying issue. You have a respnsibility to youself as well as others on the road.

Kevin

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Thanks for the help. Cracking the bleeder valve was the key. I actually had to take it a little further and remove the brake line from the caliper. I would just replace them, but I'm kinda low on $$ (Christmas and all).

Please just tell someone that you purchased new brake parts for your jeep for them so that you could continue living and not get into a wreck because your brakes failed due to faulty parts that you could have purchased if you hadn't spent the $$ on a useless trinket. :-\

froggsticks

froggsticks
yeah autozone is 25 bucks per caliper if you give them your core. thats waay cheap man ya might as well spend that on some stopage. the cherokee has crappy enough brakes as is.
hey does anyone know what jeep i can get a double diaphragm booster off of for my 90 cherokee? i heard about being able to do that swap and it's supposed to help a ton!