SEO work...anyone do that?

Nate R

It's derby season!
Does anyone do SEO and PPC work? I have been meeting with a few firms, and they all promise great things, but as with any small business, I need results from the limited advertising budget that I have.

I have an SEO place now -

I went with them because my brother in law worked for them, he was also my account rep. He has since moved on to some marketing manager gig. With his leaving there has been a noticeable slow down in business because lack of caring from the new rep. That's strictly my opinion, but assume that to be the case since I can never get them to call me back. The web site is nice, but very bare bones so there would need to be work done there as well.

-Nate

DAA

I used to do it. But I'm way out of the loop on current practices. Lot of weak sauce out there charging good money now I do know that. The outfit we use now is super expensive but gets good results. Due diligence is in order for sure!

- DAA

pELYgroso

'Merica
My PPC guy's email is chaserwaters@gmail.com He said that he'd be happy to help you guys out. He has been well worth the $$ for StealthGear! His results are great and he sends a really nice report every month with lots of charts and reports on the month's data. I'm not with StealthGear anymore but I'll definitely be using him for my new business.

DAA

I would point out, that PPC is not really SEO and if an "SEO guy" is mainly just managing your adwords and PPC, he's not actually doing any "SEO".

The point of SEO is organic, non PPC search results. Simply put, PPC is not SEO and SEO is not PPC. But, there are a lot of SEO folks out there that really don't do anything except setup your PPC. Which, anybody with half a brain and 20 minutes a week to spare can do on their own.

- DAA

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I agree.

I set up and manage our Adsense account. PPC seems like a pain compared to just letting google do all the work but I dunno.

I'm thinking about doing Adwords myself too but not sure if it's necessary considering the traffic we get without it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... But, there are a lot of SEO folks out there that really don't do anything except setup your PPC. Which, anybody with half a brain and 20 minutes a week to spare can do on their own.

- DAA

Do people actually charge to setup/run a AdSense campaign? Hell, I can do that... :D

pELYgroso

'Merica
Ppc is definitely different than seo, but I would disagree on the 20 minutes a week statement. Yes, you can do it. I thought I was doing ok. I sat down with this guy for an hour one day and he showed me just a fraction of what he does and I realized that my attempts were not even scratching the surface of what adwords could do for me. In 2 months he cut my cost per conversion in half and kept lowering it a little each month after that as he learned the buying trends, etc. of our customers. Our account became a revenue faucet basically. If we needed more business we just upped our budget, and we could fairly accurately predict the sales and thus the profit that we would get out of it.

Nate R

It's derby season!
While it would be nice to have a ppc guy that that's all he does, it isn't realistic. As mentioned half a brain (this guy) and 20 mins can do it. I have been doing my PPC, and don't want to. I want a reliable SEO firm that will take my money, and at the end of a month, show me what they did. At the end of the day, if they do their job correctly, there should be a clear ROI.

Has anyone here used or heard of SEO Pro in SLC? They seem pretty legit.

-Nate

DAA

We use an outfit in Dallas, will have to ask the name if you'd like it. For anything like SEO, local isn't important. We pay twenty times more than is being talked about, but we also require sophisticated analysis on complex sites with hundreds of landing pages and a lot of A/B testing.

- DAA

Nate R

It's derby season!
Local Biz Marketing is the place my wife and her firm uses and they pay $197 a month. They're in a competitive market and always on top of searches in their terms.

Whoa...$197 a month? I was planning on spending $1500-$2000 a month. And that price range was pretty close to the three different firms I have proposals from. Could you get a phone number? I googled quick and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

-Nate