Seriously, finally one city in Utah gets it...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
My dad lived in that city in Georgia the article talked about. Apparently it was turning into little Atlanta back in the day and people didn't like it so they passed a gun law. The crime went down. An interesting thing that is happening now there is break ins are occurring and the favorite thing to steal is guns(crime is still lower than it used to be and the break ins are not violent like they used to be). They take them back to Atlanta and put them in the circulation for crime. To me it echoes the belief that criminals will get guns the same way they get everything, stealing.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ha, I grew up one town away in Mt. Pleasant, and went to school with a lot of people from SC. Id say everyone one I know from Spring City has a full cache of guns, everyone I dont know from SC has moved thier from CA and are probably scared of guns. kinda a small, old restored sweet little town full of retired people, farmers, Artist and such. It seems like there is an art studio on every block.

Caleb

Ha, I grew up one town away in Mt. Pleasant, and went to school with a lot of people from SC. Id say everyone one I know from Spring City has a full cache of guns, everyone I dont know from SC has moved thier from CA and are probably scared of guns. kinda a small, old restored sweet little town full of retired people, farmers, Artist and such. It seems like there is an art studio on every block.

Haha, Mt. Pleasant is a funny town. We're down there quite a bit as one of the campground we go to a lot is just outside town. We've come to realize that if you drive a white pickup truck, everyone you drive past will wave :D Any other vehicle we've been in, no one waves. I love that area, I'd love to buy a cabin somewhere down in that area in the next year or two.

sixstringsteve

I think he is spot on except for the part where he initially wanted to require/force everyone to own a gun. Apart from that, I applaud his efforts to realize that his town would be safer with most people being trained and armed. Hopefully it encourages other people to think about arming themselves.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

if only I could convince my wife to allow a handgun in the house. my wife is fine with rifles if they are locked up but thinks that even locked up handguns are bad and more accessible than a rifle. :confused:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Haha, Mt. Pleasant is a funny town. We're down there quite a bit as one of the campground we go to a lot is just outside town. We've come to realize that if you drive a white pickup truck, everyone you drive past will wave :D Any other vehicle we've been in, no one waves. I love that area, I'd love to buy a cabin somewhere down in that area in the next year or two.
I actually grew up in a cabin in Whispering Pines, east of Mt. Pleasant, I used to work at Camperworld in the summers when I was a kid... yea strage place, but a strange place that I love. Ephraim is ok too.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
There was a time when by law, all able-bodied men between the ages of 18 - 45 were to arm themselves with a musket, bayonet and belt, two spare flints, a cartridge box with 24 bullets, and a knapsack. Men owning rifles were required to provide a powder horn, 1/4 pound of gun powder, 20 rifle balls, a shooting pouch, and a knapsack. They were also required to attend training in the fall and spring to sharpen their skillz in case they were confronted by hostile tribes or democrats.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
There was a time when by law, all able-bodied men between the ages of 18 - 45 were to arm themselves with a musket, bayonet and belt, two spare flints, a cartridge box with 24 bullets, and a knapsack. Men owning rifles were required to provide a powder horn, 1/4 pound of gun powder, 20 rifle balls, a shooting pouch, and a knapsack. They were also required to attend training in the fall and spring to sharpen their skillz in case they were confronted by hostile tribes or democrats.

That was also a time when more able-bodied men had common sense, Im not sure we want some of the able bodied idiots of today required to have firearms.

Caleb

I actually grew up in a cabin in Whispering Pines, east of Mt. Pleasant, I used to work at Camperworld in the summers when I was a kid... yea strage place, but a strange place that I love. Ephraim is ok too.

That's awesome. I dream of the day I can go live in a cabin in the woods. It's actually Camperworld that we are members of.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
For some reason I'm not able to get my head around this one, makes as much sense as a no guns allowed city. The Ben Franklin quote "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." would probably apply here in some twisted world. I have as much of a problem with authority coming to make sure I have a gun as coming to make sure I don't have a gun. For some reason I think I would meet both options both at the door with one of these...

[video=youtube;XeDXVN52cHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDXVN52cHI[/video]

I guess I fall into an anarchist world of leave me alone, your laws bother me.