Sh*tty CD player

toyota_girl

what's that smell?
Hey all!!! I was wondering if anybody out there can help me with this problem I've got. See, I bought a suburban a few months ago and it's got one of them ten disc changers that hangs out under the seat. At first I couldn't figure out how to get sound to come thru the speakers. Then I figured out that my CD player plays thru a radio frequency. I tune it to a certain radio station, and waa-laa, it works. Anyways, the burb originally came from California, then Oklahoma, so the radio frequency it is programmed to probably didn't work in those places, but it does here. So when I listen to the CD player I got talk radio coming in as background noise. Does anybody know anything about this? Can I change the frequency my self? I took it to a audio shop and they jerked me around and pissed me off. I don't have the manual, of course, so I can't look it up. And the damn thing doesn't even have any numbers, letters, or even a brand name on it. :mad2: :mad2: HELP!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
depends on what brand it is. On most of the name brand changers, you can change the modulator frequency from the little control piece you have on the dash. Otherwise, the madulator itself has a little switch on it that you can select a couple different frequencies with.

If you can pull the radio out, there should be a little silver box behind there that has your factory antenna plugged into it and then has an antenna lead that plugs into your stereo. Thats the modulator, pull it out and see if it has a little switch for changing the frequency.

If you can't figure it out you can bring it down to me and I'll look at it. I may be able to change it without taking anything apart and I wouldn't charge you for that. If we have to pull the deck out to find the mod, then I would have to charge you a little labor--but it wouldn't be more than 10-15 bucks.

Cody