shackle flip

crazyyo

my runner frame is a 82 chevy truck frame ...... i would love to do the ord or diy shackle flip but cash flow is low have anyone flipped the stock hangers? and if so did you like it? as of right now i have no body back there so the hight of the hanger is not a big deal if i'm not mistake it wont hurt or help lift it will keep it at the current ride hight it has a four inch lift on it now .......... any input would be great thanks shane

Attachments

• 021rme.JPG
    021rme.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

red

doing the shackle flip in the rear will give you 4" of lift unless you make your own, then you can get it down to just 2" of lift. since you have no body over the mount you could make it so the flip provides you with no more lift, but that is going to be one tall hanger.

4" of lift-the frame mount of the shackle stays in the same location, just cut the underside of the mount, strengthen it, and bolt in the shackle again now upside down.

2" of lift-where the leaf spring side of the shackle is resting currently is where the frame mount goes to.

0" of lift-never seen or heard of it being done, would put the frame mount of the shackle a few inches above the frame.

clear as mud?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If you reuse the stock hanger, you have to cut the hell out of it, and it's kind of iffy when you're done.

Get the DIY4x kit, cheaper than ORD, same effect.

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
I used the stock hanger on my old rig. You do have to cut alot out but I just boxed the upper porsion and it was fine. I never had any problems but better yet it was free!!