shaved 44?

Brent

another nobody
anyone shaved their 44 like dynatrac does to a 60? just thinking for a light weight rig running 35-37's, and a pumpkin that has as much clearance as a 30, this would rock, if you had 4140 / 4340 molly shafts, you wouldn't hurt it, well unless your parker with a TPI 383 :eek: and a heavy foot :D

Too Far

parts is parts
I shaved both of my 44s. I just ground off the bottom of the housing until I was satisfied. That damn lip on the bottom of the housing might as well be a grapling hook. Ended up neding to shave the cover about .25" so I gained about .5" clearance over all. Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps.

Caleb

I wouldn;t consider that shaving your diff...I say that is just getting it ready for the rocks...:D:D:D

I have thought about that same thing...why hasn't anyone done this...a lot of guys are running 44s with 38" tires and not breaking them (of course they are using CTMs and Alloy shafts) but why not shave it and like you said get the clearance of a 30 with the strength of a 60/44 hybrid??? I will prolly be shaving my 14 bolt but that is because its a major trench digger(even with 38s)...Just my $.02:D