Shed Hunters!!!

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Ok guys i guide hunts on a CWMU just outside of heber. We are opening up the land to do our 2nd annual SHed hunt. We will also have an area set up for kids to shed hunt that we have planted sheds!

The date for this year shed hunt on the Cwmu has been decided. April 20- 2013. The shed hunt will start at 10:00 am Saturday morning. I will have the waivers at the check in point at the bottom of little pole. The fees are 25.00 for sat. And Sunday . Or 15.00 a day. All sheds you find are yours to keep! Just have to be checked by one of the RBO guys, for age and score. We will start signing people in at 9:00 am. I will post direction to little pole and the check in place ASAP.
See you on Saturday

Directions From Hebe City;
East on Center St for 4.6 Miles.
Left on Litle Pole Rd { 5380 E}
Left on dirt Rd at the top of the hill which is Little Pole Rd.
stay on dirt Rd for about 1/4 mile and you will find the check in station.
Any questions you casn reach me at 801-550-5867

Last edited:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
a fee to pick up high quality sheds on a controlled unit seems fair to me.

Rawlin, you think there will be enough left on Sunday to make it worth the drive?

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
i hear what your saying bamacpl. If you look at it this way there are tones of cwmu. Its private property. We are the only cwmu that i know of opening up the gates to let people in. And bear it is 17000 acres there will be sheds left!

bamacpl

It's just way different here in Utah.... I'm from Alabama & I ain't used to all the private property, gates closed, can't go here or there, cost money to go everywhere etc......the hunting here is wayyyyy different!!!!
Other than that I love Utah tho!!!!! & ill take the good with the bad.... Utah is very beautiful & I love it here!!!!

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
i think its around $6 to $8 a pound now. you find one good elk shed you have now made money!

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
No we don't buy them but there are people that do. I know of a guy in heber that does buy them. They usually make furniture out of them.