Shifter Extensions

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
ummm I mean shifter extensions

Hey, anyone know of any truck stops, part supply places or other that might carry custom shifter knobs, extensions etc.

In the way olden days, there was a place on 3rd west called Haffers ... it was a big truck parts supply type of place.

Anyway they used to have these long nuts, like say 1" long that would allow for screwing onto an existing shifter. If I could even find two of these, I could likely find the rod to run a die over and custom bend a couple shifters for my twin sticks.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
A long nut would also be refered to as a coupling nut ;). Try bolt and nut supply, or hit the truck stops. F'n J on 21 so and 9th west, or Sapps on 13th and 215.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
A long nut would also be refered to as a coupling nut ;). Try bolt and nut supply, or hit the truck stops. F'n J on 21 so and 9th west, or Sapps on 13th and 215.

Yea ... a coupling nut ... preferably a shinny chrom baby.

Ok, now where does one go to get about 4' of some soft metal 1/2" round stock?

preferably in provo/orem area

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I have the required 1/2" x 13 NC die, access to a torch and large vise ...

Think I can get two S'ed forty-fives in 4" to 5" horizontal and 8" to 10" of vertical of 1/2" round stock? (not the two 90's shown)

Once again ,where can I get soft metal 1/2" round stock?

DSCN2617.jpg

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Would a couple two footers work? I can see what I've got in the scrap pile tomorrow. Also, if you know what thread coupling nuts you're looking for, I can see what I have laying around there too.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Would a couple two footers work? I can see what I've got in the scrap pile tomorrow. Also, if you know what thread coupling nuts you're looking for, I can see what I have laying around there too.

yea, the tap that screwed into the locking nut is stamped with:

"1/2-13 - NC - 27/64 drill" - it took a 3/4" wrench on the locking nut

If you do have the rod and/or nuts I'd love to pick them up tomorrow ... pay ya whatever they might be worth.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Ok, I'm pretty sure I'll have both. The nuts won't be the blingy chrome you're looking for though, you'll have to settle for plain old zinc plated. I might have some 1/2" stainless round bar though, if you feel the need for shine... :D

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
My jeep and rattle can black seem to go hand in hand - will paint it black anyway

edit: if I need to cut threads and/or heat/bend, I assume stainless would be a disadvantage

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If BC doesn't get you hooked up, you can get the 1/2" solid round from Homo Depot or similar.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
BCGPER:

Thank you for your suggestions, time and effort. I own you one!.

Mike made me such a great offer it was not even worth my time/effort to massacure the job in the long run anyway.

Special thanks to Summit Machine!

I can reach my twin-sticks now - before, rear low was a reach and front low was out of reach for me.

Just in time for some Coyote digs!

DSCN2618.jpg

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Not a problem Chad, back to the scrap pile for this stuff. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to drive clear over here fo a couple bucks worth of scrap anyways.

That's a hella nice set up! Looks kinda out of place in that Jeep though. :D