Shipping a vehicle, NC to UT - Any recommendations?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Upcoming project, need a vehicle shipped from North Carolina to SLC. I've found a couple of reasonable? places online, looks like ~$1150 on an open carrier (vehicle runs) or $1600 if its enclosed, either is fine.

I'm familiar and checking with the following:
http://www.montway.com/
https://www.uship.com/

Zip in NC: 27401, coming to 84094

Any others I should be looking at?

OutlawTJ

If posting on uship. Just hold on to it and the quotes will go down as it is a reverse bid. You may find a hauler that is looking to get back west that will do it for a lot less.

rholbrook

Fly my son out, he will drive it back at no charge. He loves to see the country. He drove an Audi last summer to DC and next month he is driving an Austin Martin back from California.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Fly my son out, he will drive it back at no charge. He loves to see the country. He drove an Audi last summer to DC and next month he is driving an Austin Martin back from California.

X2. Sorry Kurt nothing valuable to add other than I spent some time in Greensboro and would fly out and drive that back for you if it came to it.

What is it?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, are those prices plus gas? I mean, that is super cheap if it includes gas and has no up charges.

Good question, their site doesn't mention any additional fuel fees.

"* Price includes Door-to-Door Service and full insurance coverage for your vehicle while on the transport carrier. Allow typically one to several days to pick-up your vehicle. We require a small deposit of $150.00 and the remaining balance is due to the auto transport company / driver upon delivery with cash, cashiers check or money order only."

lewis

Fight Till You Die
So what they are doing is charging you to post on central dispatch. They will post it on there and make the $150 from you and someone else will pick it up. My bro. used to have an account with central dispatch but it may have expired. He still may be able to get it posted for you though if you want.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
So they probably do own their own trucks but they may not go to NC. They said that you would pay the auto transport company which could be any company. I know this cause my bro. did it for years and I helped him out a bit. I will ask him. My bro would post stuff all the time and get somebody to pick it up. So what you do is post up what your are willing to pay and then any company decides if they want to pick it up or not

Last edited:

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
This could be a wild goose chase but, these guys are located about 200 miles north of Greensboro. They purchase trucks out west and haul them back here (Virginia) to sell. I don't know anything about them other than they have nice trucks on their lot and their own car carrier. Maybe they are headed near Utah soon? Maybe they would be interested is swinging by Greensboro on the way? Maybe not?

http://www.handpickedtrucks.com/index.html

Richard