Shocks

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I have a 4" lift on my YJ... I know that my shocks are limiting my travel and flex right now... I want to swap them out for something else. I have Rancho RS9k's right now.

I also have some Skyjacker shocks I am thinking of putting on, but I don't want to go out to a flex area to test and measure when someone smart on here most likely knows the answer.

Are these measurements too big for a 4" lift on a YJ?

Front: 19 1/2" compressed
30 1/2" fully extended

Rear: 17" Compressed
25" Fully Extended.

My rancho 9k's right now are: 15.5 inches compressed... 24 inches fully extended. I think that was a rear only, I didn't measure the front.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Why take a chance on what someone Might know...
The best way is to remove the shocks and flex it.

but... you are you, and I am me...

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Shawn said:

ding ding ...wee have a winner , tell him what he has won :D

The best way to do it is go out and flex it, all vehicles are different. You may learn that it might not even be the shocks :-\

redrock

Shawn said:

you can do two things
1. take the shocks off flex it out and take the measurement to your local 4 x4 shop let them order the shocks.
2. just take the shock off and run it that way like hickey says shock just limit your flex :rofl: :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
SAMI said:
what's a flex area?
I bet it has something to do with homosexuals... those sicko's. :rofl: I did run without shocks for two years though. Back when I had a 4" spring under on the CJ. Those cheap lift kits are just too stiff. I even jumped it without shocks. :D

Last edited:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Hickey said:
I bet it has something to do with homosexuals... those sicko's. :rofl: I did run without shocks for two years though. Back when I had a 4" spring under on the CJ. Those cheap lift kits are just too stiff. I even jumped it without shocks. :D

you're so cool :rolleyes:

:p :rofl: