Shooter vs. Shooter “Bowling Pin” style pistol competition

Roper

Shooter vs. Shooter “Bowling Pin” style pistol competition

Double elimination tournament with a cash prize for the top 3 finishers! All Skill levels welcomed!

How it works:
Two shooters come to the firing line where they will have a table in front of them. They will be instructed by the Range Officer to load their firearms and make ready (chamber a round). The starting position is low ready with the muzzle touching the table and finger off the trigger, outside of the trigger guard. At the signal, the shooters will raise their firearms and engage 7 targets. The targets will be foot-long wooden 2x4s on a wooden stand with last target being a wooden 2x4 popper. The first shooter to knock all their targets off their stand and drop their popper will win the round and advance to the next round. Being double elimination, the losing shooter will move to the loser’s bracket and have a second chance to reach the finals and win the tournament. Because we are using 2x4s instead of bowling pins, any caliber from .22 LR to .45 should work fine. A shooter could go through 10 rounds with a minimum of 7 shots per round, you’d probably want to bring at least 100 rounds of ammo to be safe along with your favorite semi-auto or revolver. We will run a “cold range” which means firearms will remain unloaded in a holster or case until the shooters are at the firing line and instructed to load. We do, however, encourage shooters to have magazines and speed loaders loaded before they are called to the line. All skill levels and anyone over age 18 are welcomed.

When:
October 26, 2013 - Shooters arrive at 6:00pm, shooting starts at 6:30pm

Where:

Sportsman’s and Lion’s Club Range in Pleasant Grove. 610 E Center Street, basement entrance on the west side of the building

Cost:

$10 - pay when you get there

What you need to do:

Register by sending an email to groundswellinstruction@gmail.com... We really need to know who’s coming.

Why:

Because it’s way fun and it would make a sweet date night… and you could show off in front of your girlfriend or wife… or boyfriend or husband… and be crowned the greatest shooter in the world, or at least along the Wasatch Front. Actually, you’d just be the best shooter out of the people who show up. Either way, it’s gonna be fun!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think I'm in! Now I need to decide...use my Buckmark so I can actually hit stuff, or use my 9mm that I want to get better with? :confused:

Roper

I miss shooting pins at Dougs. I'll try and be there. Now, cowboy guns or Glocks.

My vote is for the Glock - but then my question becomes which Glock?

Hope to see you there. Send an email if you can make it (address in OP) - we're trying to get a feel for what the turnout is going to be.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
This sounds like fun.. Last day of the deer hunt, I'll have to see how that goes. I havent shot my race gun for a while...or there is my 14" barrel buckmark.. Hmm. Hope I can make it.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
seems like I should come. I will check the schedule and send you an email if I can make it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm going to be later than I thought and won't have a chance to wander northward (in West Jkrdan), grab some supplies and head southward to get there in time.

sounds like a good opportunity to shoot and I'm sad I will miss it

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That was a good time--Marc, you missed out! It was fun to watch the good guys, while heckling from the loser's bench. :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've always wanted to hit up a pistol comp. I suck, but just the experience and watching folks that are good make you better. I really wish I could have made it. (I might have made it as I got home at 5:45.... Would have been REALLY close)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Thanks Davey. I hope these shoots continue. Every time I shoot, it's so much fun I wonder why I don't do it more. This event was close, fast, fun and relatively inexpensive. All those things make it harder to find an excuse not to.