Shooter vs. Shooter “Bowling Pin” style pistol competition

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I didn't notice anyone with a camera.

It really was a fun time.

The first round I did alright and got progressively worse as the night went on. The second tournament I lost to my wife.:(

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
There was a camera...Jesse's Dad took video of his first matchup. I don't know if he's on here though....

Roper

After Action Report:

I think overall it was a success. I was expecting more people based on emails I had received but since we had a smaller group, we were all able to shoot more and we all know, shoot more = better.

We had 12 people come so we did a practice round where everyone had a chance to shoot against someone as a warm up. Then we ran two tournaments with the winners of the two tournaments having a final shoot out. After that, some of us still had some time and ammo so we hung around and shot some more.

Even though I would have liked to see more people show up, I think we all had fun and I'm glad everyone had a chance to shoot more than just a couple matches.

I'm planning on doing this same type competition again but the next event is going to be different. I'm putting together a .22 rifle "poker shoot". I'll start a new thread but the overview is this: we have a target made up of 52 cards, faces showing with 1/2 inch dots on them. We draw 5 cards from an actual deck. We then have the chance to turn in whatever cards we don't want, then shoot at the cards on the target that we want to replace the cards we turned in and whatever cards we hit completes our hand. We are looking at shooting from 17 yards with a bench rest and you have to hit the 1/2 inch dot to get the card. That's for the shooters with scopes.

We want shooters with open sights to be able to participate so we are working on a course of fire that works for them too.

The range was pretty well booked up in November so I had to schedule this for a weeknight - it's going to be a Tuesday night, November 12th from 6:30pm to 10pm.