Shops that can fix bent axle tube??

4x4life

I picked up a Rubicon D44 front housing for free, only problem is it was bent in an accident. Does anyone know of any shops in the Utah/Salt lake area that can fix a bent tube? I have seen the chain and bottle Jack trick. But would rather have someone who knows what they are doing and has the right tools.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Before you spend any time/money on fixing the bent tube, make absolutely sure the center section isn't bent & sprung... been there, done that... on a 'good' high pinion Dana 60 center section I bought on Pirate.

ROCK SOLID

Randy at advanced 4x4 can hook you up with finding your problem, he has an axle lathe and all y he correct tooling to get the job done. His # is 801-521-2334

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Randy at advanced 4x4 can hook you up with finding your problem, he has an axle lathe and all y he correct tooling to get the job done. His # is 801-521-2334

Yeah and he will 4 times longer then what he tells you when you drop it off, cost you 5 times more then the original bid, and when its still wrong it will somehow be your fault.

Ditch Randy, he is a crook. Call Mitch at UFab,(or anyone else) he will at least be honest with you and your situation.

thenag

Yeah and he will 4 times longer then what he tells you when you drop it off, cost you 5 times more then the original bid, and when its still wrong it will somehow be your fault.

Ditch Randy, he is a crook. Call Mitch at UFab,(or anyone else) he will at least be honest with you and your situation.

I know many people on here have had issues with Randy, many people have had good experiences, I think he did a great job narrowing my front 60, it did take a week longer than he quoted. The price was what he quoted. The only issue was the custom shaft was screwed up (that was a part they ordered) They took care of re-ordering it with no problems, no extra charge or anything.

That being said, Randy does have a bad enough reputation that if UAFB can do it I would probably go there first, but if he doesn't have the tools or experience I wouldn't feel like you couldn't go to Randy.

(now hopefully this thread doesn't get turned into Randy thread)

Nathan

4x4life

I know many people on here have had issues with Randy, many people have had good experiences, I think he did a great job narrowing my front 60, it did take a week longer than he quoted. The price was what he quoted. The only issue was the custom shaft was screwed up (that was a part they ordered) They took care of re-ordering it with no problems, no extra charge or anything.

That being said, Randy does have a bad enough reputation that if UAFB can do it I would probably go there first, but if he doesn't have the tools or experience I wouldn't feel like you couldn't go to Randy.

(now hopefully this thread doesn't get turned into Randy thread)

Nathan

I sent a message to UFAB so we will see, I have seen a lot of good feedback for UFAB on other threads.

If it just a tube and you do have it straightened don't forget to get yourself a sleeve kit for it.

I was going to get a Artec truss for it, but I will also sleeve it. I figure if it bends once it will be more susceptible to issues in the future.

UFAB

We usually don't fix bent axles.

Mostly shorten, switch diff drop, retube heavier wall, custom inner Cs, etc

Once something has past it's yield strength most likely other parts have been directly effected.

Anyhow labor to retube is around 400 with no materials.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2