should i get it

mwmx54

so there is an engine on the internet, it is a stock 3vze for my truck. they claim it to have a little under 70k. its 700 shipped. i dont need a new engine by any means, but my truck has 200k now, and maybe i could freshen it up a bit. plus 700 is pretty cheap. and also what would it cost to have mine rebuilt? an estimate.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i'm assuming you've currently got the 3RZFE(2.7 4 banger) 150hp@4800 / 177@4000.. compare that with the 3VZE(3.0 v6) 150hp@4800 / 180@3400... not a huge difference for gaining 2 cylinders.:eek:

from what i've seen and heard, the 2.7 is a badass little motor.. and super reliable.. as for the 3.0, i've never really heard a good thing about it. not a whole lot of power gain from the 2.7 to the 3.0... i'd say spend your money on a rebuild for the 2.7 when that time comes... my $.02..:D

-Jason

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I don't think that body style ever came with a 2.7. Just the 3.0 and 22re... You call yourself a toyota guy SAMI:rolleyes:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
....i'm assuming....

Wrong motor guy.....

never did say that's what he had...

I don't think that body style ever came with a 2.7. Just the 3.0 and 22re... You call yourself a toyota guy SAMI:rolleyes:

he never did state what year it was;) .. and i couldn't tell from the avatar...

my opinion still stands that you'd be better off to even rebuild and put performance parts on the 22re over the 3.0 swap... the 3.0 is a crappy motor in my opinion. or, find a 2.7 to swap in.. the 3.0 is slow, and for 2 cylinders over the 2.4 & 2.7, it doesnt have much to show for it...

22RE 112hp@4600 / 142@3400 :p rebuild, bigger exhaust, headers, perf. cam, and some other stuff and you'll have plenty more horsepower + reliability of a sound 22re.

-Jason

mwmx54

If your going to spend the money why not do a 4.3l conversion. I am also with Greg, if it's not broke don't fix it.

true, i am sellin it, and i like the if it aint broke dont fix it. and when i started thinking about it with the money i would have spent on the low mileage 3vz, i could for sure swap in my 2jzge. so, if it doesn't sell by this summer i will have suprarunner(supracharged.com) build me a bellhousing, and i guess learn the wiring, i hate wiring! thats really whats holding me back. i guess i just saw what i thought was a good deal and overlooked the whole part where i have 2jzge with lower miles, more reliable, and better fuel economy. haha. thanks guys. and if anybody is good with wires, i will probably have to pay someone to wire it up after i get it in.

samitoy

Well this thread jinxed me; the next day my motor in the 4runner broke a rod. I will now be looking for a 4.3l tuned port and the adapter.