ShowOff: TJ get longarms, gears, lockers, winch...

hilltj

Yeehaw, feels like Christmas around here, especially with the snow today. I thought I'd show off a couple of modification pics, although I don't get to actually try it out until next week (Moab: 6-9th, in case anybody else is going to be there).

Recent Modifications:
* Custom Mount Logan Long-arm suspension: Johnny-joint control arms, triangulated 4-link in the rear, 6" coils, Skyjacker Platinum shocks, beefed-up brackets for uppers and front trackbar.
* Lockers: Detroit for the rear / ARB for the front
* Gears: 4.56
* Winch: Warn M8000

Huge thanks goes to Parker for hooking me up with the gears, lockers, and winch, and to John, Nate, Dave, and Blazzard (Mt. Logan Crew) for helping me with the lift. (Note: if you see nice welds in the pics, they did them; OTOH, if the welds look like boogers, I did them). Btw, John is "The Man" at doing gears/lockers, I almost tried them myself in my driveway, but I'm glad I didn't... he made it look easy. I'd recommend these guys anytime...

So far I'm really pleased with the lift (as far as mall-crawling goes), and can't wait to see how it does offroad!

Picture Gallery here: http://jeepnut.org/hilltj/upgrades0404/index.htm and write-ups here: http://jeepnut.org/hilltj/index.htm#mods

Pics:

200403%20106.jpg

200403%20097.jpg

200403%20099.jpg

200403%20109.jpg

I know... I know... lame picture, but I haven't had a chance to get a good poser shot yet... I'll get on it :p
200404%20101.jpg

-Al Hill

hilltj

Brett said:
Looks good.....question on the front uppers. Are they still short arms and on the stock mounts?

I hope you say no

Uppers are still using stock brackets on the frame side? I did do the currie beef-up on the back uppers:

200403%20108.jpg

but, the fronts are mounted to the stock mounts. Are you saying I should be worried about something this way? Let me know what you're thinking... thanks.

-Al

Brett

Meat-Hippy
hilltj said:
Uppers are still using stock brackets on the frame side? I did do the currie beef-up on the back uppers:

200403%20108.jpg

but, the fronts are mounted to the stock mounts. Are you saying I should be worried about something this way? Let me know what you're thinking... thanks.

-Al

Well, when you are running long lowers and short uppers, you get some mad pinion dive when your axle drops. Just go throw up the right front tire on something and flex it out. You'll see what I mean. I don't like it. That's the way that Tera has their longarm stuff done. Just not smart in my opinion.

hilltj

Brett said:
Well, when you are running long lowers and short uppers, you get some mad pinion dive when your axle drops. Just go throw up the right front tire on something and flex it out. You'll see what I mean. I don't like it. That's the way that Tera has their longarm stuff done. Just not smart in my opinion.

I'll go ramp it and check it out (take pics). The lowers in this kit aren't as long as the Tera's or RE, so I think the geometry is better, but I'll get back to ya on that one.

-Al

hilltj

Nixter said:
Where did you get that rain cover? I like that...... I need one.

http://jeepcovers.com/ I paid around $80 for it last year and it has been worth every penny. They are down in Provo. I've really liked it, especially the past couple of days :) Like 2-3inches of snow on my lawn right now and it's still coming down.

-Al

my4thjeep

hilltj said:
http://jeepcovers.com/ I paid around $80 for it last year and it has been worth every penny. They are down in Provo. I've really liked it, especially the past couple of days :) Like 2-3inches of snow on my lawn right now and it's still coming down.

-Al

I have the same cover and it works great it really is water proof.

trpl xj

I run Mount Logan's long arms on my xj and love them. It flex's pretty good, could use a little more down travel. I could get the extra down travel if I just wasn't so lazy and got the grinder out and did a little grinding. All in all they do dang good work.

hilltj

jeff788 said:
nice tj, I've seen it around town, looks great, we'll have to go play some time.

Thanks, yeah... holler when you want to go. I usually work 8-5ish, but can sneak out early if the weather's good, :p Weekends are usually good. Might need to start the traditional "Sunday-afternoon-quality-time-with-the-family" drive up Providence canyon again here pretty quick.

Speaking of, anybody tried Providence recently? I'm might try to get up there this weekend maybe...

-Al

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
Hey Al, Next time your over there at MT Logan do you think you could snap a few pictures of the 4 seater Nate is building?I have been waiting to see something on it but have not seen anything.

Thanks

hilltj

2BIGTJ said:
Hey Al, Next time your over there at MT Logan do you think you could snap a few pictures of the 4 seater Nate is building?I have been waiting to see something on it but have not seen anything.

Thanks

Will do, it's looking really good. It's powdercoated, engine's sitting in it, links are done... he said his goal to have it done is around "Cruise-in" time (July 4). I'll snap some shots and get them up in the next few days.

-Al

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
hilltj said:
Will do, it's looking really good. It's powdercoated, engine's sitting in it, links are done... he said his goal to have it done is around "Cruise-in" time (July 4). I'll snap some shots and get them up in the next few days.

-Al
Hey thanks a bunch :)

jeff788

hilltj said:
Thanks, yeah... holler when you want to go. I usually work 8-5ish, but can sneak out early if the weather's good, :p Weekends are usually good. Might need to start the traditional "Sunday-afternoon-quality-time-with-the-family" drive up Providence canyon again here pretty quick.

Speaking of, anybody tried Providence recently? I'm might try to get up there this weekend maybe...

-Al

I went up there about two weeks ago. There are still some snow drifts that will make it really tough to get very far above the quary. I was with my buddy in his dakota so I didn't try to go very far up, and he took his truck farther than he should have (think sledding through the boulder fields.) I'm in Heber City for the summer now, but I'll be heading to Logan on weekends occasionally, we'll have to arrange something.