Side wall patch?

great scott

I cut a hole in the side wall on one of my 44" Boggers. Thought I would get it vulcanized knowing it would not be safe on the highway(not the best highway tire anyhow :rofl:). However I can not find a shop that dose it any more. So who dose?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I dont think a normal tire store would do it. You need to find a shop that re-treads semi truck tires and I bet they would do it. I dont know of any in your neck of the woods. There is one place in Ogden but I cant think of the name right now. Guess that didnt help at all. I will try to find the name

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
I have had tires patched like that and they are just fine.

even ran a swamper that had a patch in it onthe highway for 40 miles at 60mph. no issues!!!

LT.

If you are just wanting this tire to be a spare then you may want to consider stitching the sidewall as best as you can and then tube the tire. I have done this in a pinch and it worked well as the spare.

LT.

great scott

Just got the tire back,,,,,,not fixed :-\. They said it was to close to the bead. Now I am looking at running an internal bead lock or a really tall external lock that will hold a patch against the tire. Problems are; the only internal I can find is Staun and they don't make one for a 15"X15" rim. If I go with a tall external do you think it will cut/pinch the tire.
I don't know maybe I should just get a new tire, but that means no bead locks(again) for this year.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just got the tire back,,,,,,not fixed :-\. They said it was to close to the bead. Now I am looking at running an internal bead lock or a really tall external lock that will hold a patch against the tire. Problems are; the only internal I can find is Staun and they don't make one for a 15"X15" rim. If I go with a tall external do you think it will cut/pinch the tire.
I don't know maybe I should just get a new tire, but that means no bead locks(again) for this year.

I'd call Interco themselves... be a kiss-ass, swallow your pride and tell them how much you love your Boggers and you'd like to continue running them, but you tore one of the sidewalls. I know someone on here did that and they replaces his 38" SX no charge. ;)

great scott

I'd call Interco themselves... be a kiss-ass, swallow your pride and tell them how much you love your Boggers and you'd like to continue running them, but you tore one of the sidewalls. I know someone on here did that and they replaces his 38" SX no charge. ;)

I can do that, the question is can I do it well enough? :rolleyes:

jevyguy

Quality tire in SLC can do it. They did a 39.5 for me over 4 years ago and it is still holding like a champ (however I have never put it on the front axle since). If you talk to them on the phone they might tell you it isn't possible, but if you had the tire there in person they should be able to do it if it isn't way close to the bead.