Sidekick Rubber

xjc

I give up :(
My buddy just bought a 96 sidekick two door and is in the market for tires so I need to tap the vast power of the collective to find out how big he can go without rubbing.

so

What is the biggest tire size that will fit with stock wheels?

Can you go bigger with a two inch body lift?

Any other recommendations?

He is done scraping the scooby doo decals off the side:p so the poor thing needs a dose of testostorone with the new rubber.

Thanks

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think that the biggest you can go stock is 235/75. You'll rub some when you are articulating, but not just normal driving. A two inch body lift would allow you to fit bigger, but the question is why would you want to waste the time and money on a body lift? Get a two inch lift for the thing from Calmini or RRO and you'd be much happier.

xjc

in my limited experience I have found that suspension lift gives flex but body lift gives more tire clearance. If you do a suspension lift you will still rub as much as stock or more with the same size tires unless you move the bump stopes.

My friend is planning on doing both.

xjc

Atleast 235 75 15 would be good, I would just like to hear from someone who has done it and can say definitively that it won't rub. have you ever driven one with 235's or 30's?