Six States. anyone have problems??

wrnchplr

free loader!!
just wondering if it was me or are they dumb??

I took a d-line that needed to be 32 1/2" ....I go to pick it up the next day and it still is not done, no big deal they said 30 minutes. I come back after getting some lunch and it is done. I was charged less then quoted so that was great...so I get it home put in the new u-joint go to install it and what the F*&K it is only 31" long....so I take it back down...sit there for 45 minutes while they make another one for me...get home with that one and WHAT THE F*&K!! now it is 1/8" to long :mad2: ....I was able to make it work but come on...don't people take pride in there work anymore?? stepping off the soap box now...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had NO trouble with my drivelines from them (I'm sure they make a few mistakes here and there, though). I frequent the one on 14thish south and 3rd west.

({1/8"?} I've never paid that close of attention to my drivelines.)

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I've never had a D-line made by them, I did ask them about it once, and they said they couldn't make it as strong as stock.:eek: So I left.Thats at the Orem store.

I only take my d-lines to Dave's Driveline's in Provo.

I've had six states rebuild the rearend in my truck, and the guys in the shop where great. Haven't had a problem yet.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I have had both SLC and Orem build a LOT of driveshafts....never a problem....except for hitting rocks and my right foot:D Well and:redneck:

1/8" I have never told them what length to make a driveshaft. I give them the working length/measurement from center of yoke to center of yoke (or flange face) and let them use their super wonder mystery calculator to determine the proper length....

Bone Down

I deal with Eric at the SLC store (1388 S. 300 W. - 801-488-4677).

Called in my driveline order in the morning and picked it up after work, and was to my provided specifications.

Eric even helped with the resolve of my goof on my front pinion and tcase yokes.

ALF

SURE!?
They do all our tcases and little diffs and do a good job Slyco does our little truck drivelines But I'm been going to have Sly Driveline out of elko do my dlines

M

muddyjeep

I have Slyco in salt lake build all of my drive shafts and have never had any problems with them

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Had a weld snap on a shaft they built... but other than that I have used them for tons of stuff, always great. I'll continue to use them in the future too :D

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
One of my friends who owns a shop swears the Orem guys in the driveline shop cannot use a tape measure accurately. I think they messed up 6 drivelines before he stopped using them.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
They built my rear driveline four years ago and the only problem I had was I blew up a u-joint and it elongated the ears on the DS, so it wasn't their fault. They just did my gears and helped me rebuild my front axle. Man, I felt like a retard as they told me of all the seals and bearings I'd need that I didn't even know existed. They told me exactly how to install everything without making me feel more like a moron, which can be hard to do when I didn't know a thing about what I was doing. I'll definately go back! And if someone can get Kevin and Kent to tattoo their names on their foreheads so I know which one I'm talking to, that'd be great, mmmkay?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
wrnchplr said:
just wondering if it was me or are they dumb??

I took a d-line that needed to be 32 1/2" ....I go to pick it up the next day and it still is not done, no big deal they said 30 minutes. I come back after getting some lunch and it is done. I was charged less then quoted so that was great...so I get it home put in the new u-joint go to install it and what the F*&K it is only 31" long....so I take it back down...sit there for 45 minutes while they make another one for me...get home with that one and WHAT THE F*&K!! now it is 1/8" to long :mad2: ....I was able to make it work but come on...don't people take pride in there work anymore?? stepping off the soap box now...

The only time that I used them was to have a new shaft built for my Cherokee. The guy came out, rolled under my Jeep, took measurements and even noticed that it was lifted. I let him know that I needed one with a double cardon joint on it due to the angles. No problem he says. I come back the next day.......straight shaft with no double cardon, just a u-joint on each end. Well, that wouldn't even bolt up..... I ended up getting a 350 dollar double cardon shaft for 200 bucks. I wasn't impressed with Six States, so I've always used GRS from then on.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I've heard this complaint a lot! I saw a guy bust a driveline on the trail, and when he pulled out his spare, realized they f'ed him and had to limp off the trail in 2wd. Granted, he should have probably checked the driveline after getting it from them, but why should you have to double check a supposed professional? I have NEVER second guessed Tom Woods work, and I've never had any issues, either. Half the time I just tell them what it's going on, what lift, and they send me/my customer their best guess. Even then absolutely no issues.

When I put the high steer on my Jeep, I needed to ream out the knuckles and pitman arm. They said they would do it for $15, rather than buying a reaming tool, I let them... What a frickin' nightmare! For a job that should have taken 20 minutes, took him 4 hours - and they even tried to charge me for it!! The dumba$$ pulled my pitman arm off, and reamed it. When he put it back on, the TRE fell through the hole and he couldn't figure out why! So then he says not a problem, I have another lying around.... He f'ed that one up to and then started telling me it was my fault (I told him that I thought they were 1 ton Chevy's when I asked if they could do it and how much - 5 hours before, on the phone!). So then he chased down a new pitman arm and again, TRIED to charge me for it, too! What was supposed to take 20 minutes and cost $15, ended up taking 4 hours and costing me $40. At the end they argued with me over the labor and said no way was I getting away for only $15 after they just spent 4 hours. F them, I'll never go back!! I also don't cut them any deals when they call me asking for parts! :D

Now I'm no genius... But don't you ream a little, test, ream a little and test!?! I know I do...Since then I've bought my own reamer (shoudl have done it in the first place) and I've never f'ed anything up yet.