Sixstring's Miata Discussion/Build Thread

blznnp

No problem man, was good to chat for a little bit. Taking corners fast is an exciting ride no matter the car. I have been to worries to take corners to fast with the fear of completely loosing control.

sixstringsteve

you should do a day of autocross. You'll learn exactly where the limit is on your car. Just like a 4x4, with those wide, sticky tires, you can push it a lot more than you think. Just don't learn your limits on the open road. :)

sixstringsteve

Of all the things I have to sell to move to an RV full-time, this miata is going to be the toughest one to let go of. I've had more smiles driving this car than anything else except my mountain bike. I absolutely love this car, but I'll most likely be selling it in a few months as I get closer to moving into an RV.

But... I plan on doing at least one or two more great roadtrips in it before then. I'll post up road trip ideas in the pavement thread.

jentzschman

Of all the things I have to sell to move to an RV full-time, this miata is going to be the toughest one to let go of. I've had more smiles driving this car than anything else except my mountain bike. I absolutely love this car, but I'll most likely be selling it in a few months as I get closer to moving into an RV.

But... I plan on doing at least one or two more great roadtrips in it before then. I'll post up road trip ideas in the pavement thread.
Oh, so tempting to pick this guy up from you when you do....

sixstringsteve

I'll be working on finishing my seat swap this week, then it'll be up for sale. I'm thinking a road trip this coming weekend as a sad goodbye to the car. It's such a fantastic car, and whoever buys it has to promise they'll contact me first if they ever decide to sell it. If I'm not on the road full time, I'll buy it back in a heartbeat.

sixstringsteve

it'd be blast to have along, but I need something with 4x4 for mountain biking, hikes, camping, snow, etc. If I got a toy hauler with a big tow rig, I could haul the miata inside. Then I'd have a 4x4 AND a fun convertible, but that's a lotta stuff to take care of.

Jeepj667

Last weekend on I15 I saw a huge motorhome, the kind where the front looks like a big rig, pulling a big, probably +30ft, enclosed trailer. With 3 four wheelers on the roof of the trailer. You could have probably fit a Miata and a Samurai inside the trailer.

sixstringsteve

I wish I didn't have to sell them. :)

It took me a while to settle on vehicles that are just right for me, and I finally had. Unfortunately our new life on the road won't accommodate any of the 3. It's been tough selling a few of my favorite guitars, cars, tools, and toys. As tough as that's been, it feels good to simplify my life, so it's a fair tradeoff.