Skippys Fathers XJ

there is not enough cool XJs on this board so I decided to post up the ultra budget XJ I built for my dad last winter using all the extra parts I had laying around in the garage ..... and slowly making upgrades this winter

Name & City- Trent Maxfield

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 2000 Jeep XJ

Engine- 4.0

Transmission- Auto (AW4 I think)

T-Case- 2.72 231 with SYE

Axles- Rear 29 spline 8.25 with spartan locker and 4.88 gears, Front is a high pinion dana 30 with 30 spline chromoly shafts,Yukon Zip Locker and 4.88 gears

Suspension- Skippy built long/mid arm with lift springs and shackles in the rear

Wheels and Tires- 33x12.50x15 Big O XTs on american racing wheel

Winch- Trail-Gear 8k on a skippy built bumper

Favorite Trails- Pritchett Canyon, Rusty nail and hells revenge

Other- Ruff stuff unibody stiffeners and lots of other random upgrades, Teraflex high steer setup We also got him a set of 17" spyder lock beadlocks for chrsitmas so it will have bead locks and 35s in about a week or so..... This build has allowed me to spend alot of Quality time with my mom and Dad and for that reason alone it has been one of my favorites. Even though I get frustrated enough spotting him I just want to roll him on purpose sometimes lol

Luckily he also has the best sponsor ever http://www.alljeep.com/

The only pictures I have on my computer right now are wheeling pics I will load some build pics here in a bit

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Id like to see more on this cool bumper . How ya got it tucked in so good with the winch and where is the (control box) hidden ?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Putting the winch behind the bumpers on XJ's is the bees knees. That is if you're into winches and all that. It's pretty much a hold up winch and see what needs cut-out situation.

Papa Skippy's ride is going to be ultra-legit with 35's. Luckily I will still be able to hang with him based on my recklessness. Get him sold on some tires and post some pics

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well we finally got some 35" Trepadors for his new wheels and got them mounted up this last weekend, We have alot of bump stopping and cutting to do and possibly might raise it another inch if we absolutely have to...

N-Smooth

That's sounds like a lot of work so he should just give them to me. Man I'm so jealous of papa skippy right now

N-Smooth

It's easy, just take a look at the pics and write-up I've sent you. I definitely suggest cutting the lower quarter too but I understand that he's not into cutting. Is he planning on putting flares of some sort back on it?