Skyline Drive Aug 15 to 16th

CobraNutt

I met Sixstringsteve and his wife after work Friday evening, and followed them out on a new adventure to the Skyline Drive area.
I had never been in this area before, so I was excited to not only meet new friends, but to visit some new country in this beautiful state of ours!

The Liberty and X4 are all ready to go!
20140815_170710-M.jpg

We headed south out of Lehi and made our way over to Ephraim Canyon and up toward Skyline Drive. We arrived about
8:00PM…just in time to watch the sun drop over the mountains for the night.
20140815_201921-M.jpg

After we scouted around a bit, we nestled ourselves in among the trees just above Loggers Lake. We were later joined by
Skylinerider, followed by Spork and his four little camp buddies!

We spent the evening enjoying the company of friends, telling stories around the campfire, and tasting the deliciousness of
some new pudgie pie recipes that Steve and his wife were preparing before finally calling it a night around midnight.
We awoke to the sounds of nature…and some OHV’s…and slowly assembled ourselves for the day around the
not-so-early-campfire for some breakfast.
IMG_1834-M.jpg

The scenery around us was fantastic! There is still a lot of color up there in the fields and meadows.
Beautiful country!
IMG_1815-M.jpg

IMG_1818-M.jpg

IMG_1821-M.jpg

IMG_1826-M.jpg

Steve’s dog, Fender, noticed that his humans were eating something tasty…
IMG_1840-M.jpg

We discussed the plans for the day, and decided that Loggers Lake was just a little to boggy for paddling and fishing….I think the
cows agreed with us. Although…if you look real close, you can see quite a few fish in there…
IMG_1849-L.jpg

We decided to head over the ridge to Snows Lake. Great choice!! :)
IMG_1871-L.jpg

Snows Lake turned out to be a little piece of heaven! What a terrific little place. We would spend the rest of our journey
here enjoying the peace of this little lake at 10,115 ft in elevation.
IMG_1876-M.jpg

So what do you do on a little lake like this?!
PLAY!!
IMG_1880-M.jpg

This is Steve’s wife, known as the Taxi Driver, taking one of the girls out for a spin around the water, while Fender keeps an eye on things.
IMG_1886-M.jpg

Steve hopped into the yak and joined them…
IMG_1892-M.jpg

Curt (Skylinerider) would eventually be recruited as a Taxi Driver as well. Look at those happy passengers!
IMG_1900-M.jpg

IMG_1913-M.jpg

IMG_1976-M.jpg

IMG_2025-M.jpg

What about those of us who weren’t ready to get cold and wet? Oh, we had our fun, don’t worry! Scott caught a 9lb Rainbow…no really! ;)
IMG_1999-M.jpg

IMG_2002-M.jpg

I dragged line or two, and just had a lot of fun relaxing watching everyone play on the water and have a great time!

Last edited:

CobraNutt

Skyline Drive Aug 15 to 16th...Part Duex...

All the paddling wore everyone out, so it was time to kick back for a bit, and then load up and head out in our various routes toward home…
IMG_2053-M.jpg

IMG_2070-M.jpg

Oh wait…Fender needed to have a turn too!
IMG_2074-M.jpg

IMG_2084-M.jpg

We really couldn’t have asked for a nicer place to spend part of the day!
One last look at Snows Lake on our way out…
IMG_2089-L.jpg

Just a few more shots as we headed north along Skyline Drive…
IMG_2093-M.jpg

IMG_2096-M.jpg

IMG_2130-M.jpg

IMG_2138-M.jpg

Since I was already this close to Manti, I had to stop and get a picture of the LDS Temple…one of my favorites.
IMG_2164-L.jpg

Thank you again Steve for leading the way on this trip! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and Fender, along with Curt and Scott and his little camper girls! I had a great time and look forward to some more fun with you guys!

I look forward to any added commentary and pics that you have!!

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Great Photos Gary! Love the smiles on Spork's girls! I hope to share a fire with everyone again soon!

edit: That jumping jack X4 is a very cool trailer.

Last edited: