SLC Apartment Suggestions???

SAVAGE

Hello everyone! Me and my wife live down here by Richfield somewhat in the south middlish of the state. We will be moving to Salt Lake City to go to school in August and after spending 12 hours Friday looking at apartments we decided to ask all of you. We are looking for a nice apartment, for around $600-700. We need washer and dryer hookups and parking available for two cars. We would prefer to be somewhere in the South Jordan/Bluffdale/Herriman/Draper areas. My wife already has a job lined up in American Fork and I am going to SLCC Taylorsville campus. So who knows of some great apartments?

We have also been looking to buy a used 35ft fifth wheel and parking it in a rv park. Does anyone know of any good monthly places to park a trailer?

THANKS for any replies!!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Can't help you in a lot of areas, Monarch Meadows or Legacy Springs in Riverton are pretty good apartments. Avoid Timbergate and Farmgate in Herriman

Tonkaman

Can't help you in a lot of areas, Monarch Meadows or Legacy Springs in Riverton are pretty good apartments. Avoid Timbergate and Farmgate in Herriman

Avoid anything with "gate" in the name. They are all owned by the miller group and have horrific management.

ricsrx

I wonder if my back lot would work for this........ are you looking to live in the RV permently or just till you find the right living arangments?

aRR

Tonkaman is right- I've been here at Lion's Gate in Taylorsville for four months and finally had enough, threatened a lawsuit and got let out.
Find a duplex or something privately owned- or just live in the RV you're looking to pick up!
Haha

SAVAGE

Yea we looked a lot of the "Gate" ones. We just cant seem to justify to spend over $1000 a month to live in a 1 bedroom apt when we could live in something we can call our "own".

We are going this evening to check out a nice 2005 40 foot fifth wheel to live in. We are looking I guess to find a monthly spot in a rv park. I have heard not so good things about Mountain Shadows rv park but it seems to be in the best location. We are looking to have it set up for just 2 years while we go to school, so it would be best to have access for a sewer dump too if anyone is interested in having us as neighbors.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I lived at Adagio at Corner Canyon in Draper. I was paying more than you budget for a one bedroom though. I liked it a lot, no riff raff.

BLM... lolz.

Tonkaman

The rental market has really jumped up in price the last few years in salt lake $1,000 a month is a decent starting point and most places under that will have lots of compromises

SAVAGE

40' Pilgrim Open Road.jpg
Well now we just need to find a rv park where we can park our new home. We are leaning towards Mountain Shadows, but we are hoping something better will turn up. And by better we mean cheaper, more available (we are on waiting list), and less neighbors. I'm really hoping someone will turn up with a place we can park and hook up. Sure would be a good way for them to bring in some extra Benjamins and save my wife and I money at the same time. I guess we will see what happens.

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions guys!!!
RME4X4 ROCKS!
:D