SLC area trails

Bones

So is there some good wheelin' closer than 4 hours away is what I want to know. Someplace to go hang out, camp, hit some trails. Nice fun weeknd type wheelin'. Maybe not the hardcore stuff, but fun anyways

MO is nothing but crap :D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Bones
So is there some good wheelin' closer than 4 hours away is what I want to know. Someplace to go hang out, camp, hit some trails. Nice fun weeknd type wheelin'. Maybe not the hardcore stuff, but fun anyways

Moab is within 4 hours :D

Caleb

Originally posted by Bones

Absolutely...American Fork Canyon (or AFC) is about 20-30 minutes from SLC and has some very fun stuff...fom wheelin to fishing to hiking to hunting...or you could take a nice sunday drive up and over to Midway and then hit Park City on your way back down...fun place to camp with lots of campgrounds or you can camp in the back country up there...lots to do

little moab is mostly just a bunch of rock formations thats slick rock and looks something like moab but much smaller...hence the name lil moab:D lil moab has anything from mild to wild...but can get pretty crowded on the weekends...its no more than an hour tops from SLC

and then as was mentioned moab is not too far for a weekend trip...depending on what you are driving its 3+ hours (it took me about 6.5 hours to get there in my Jeep with my 2.5L stock gears and 35" tires...not fun to do up the canyons (2nd gear mostly:( )...in a normal vehicle its only 3-4 hours...

overall you can't go wrong in SLC...you have just about anything you want within an hour...lakes, desert, high mountains, cities, wheelin:p...lots of stuff to do...

Bones

Thanks. Moab will get hit fo' sho'! Been there twice already. Hope to visit the area in the next month or two.

Thanks y'all :p
Keep it comin

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Originally posted by supergper

(it took me about 6.5 hours to get there in my Jeep with my 2.5L stock gears and 35" tires...not fun to do up the canyons (2nd gear mostly:( )...in a normal vehicle its only 3-4 hours...

it took my brother10 hours to get to moab in his scout. he lost all but 2nd gear at the top of soldier summit. he knew if he stopped then he would not make it at all. he got to camp ordered a 700R4, my dad brought it down the next day. the trip back was a lot faster.