SLC valley buyers guide......

Erik d_lux

Just moving back to the area has me frustrated and running around all day trying to find building materials. Looking for advice on where to buy certain things within the valley.

Metal (tube, flat etc,.)
Plastics (Poly carb, Delrin etc,.)
Nuts, bolts
Good wrecking yards?
Hardware store (lawn mower parts, clevis, pulleys, bearings, misc)

Anything else you can think of?

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
For matrials there is wasach metals for box tube flat bar and angle. Marmon keystone for DOM and other round tube and metal supermarket for pretty much any other metal.

sixb

Will work for beer!
Just moving back to the area has me frustrated and running around all day trying to find building materials. Looking for advice on where to buy certain things within the valley.

Metal (tube, flat etc,.)
Nuts, bolts
Good wrecking yards?

Wasatach steel or metalmart
Regional plactics or Laird
Nut & bolt supply or Cal-Ranch
For wrecking yards I like ksl and some patience
Cal-Ranch is a great store for these items.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

Metal (tube, flat etc,.)
Nuts, bolts
Good wrecking yards?

Wasatch Steel for flat or square, Marmon Keystone or EMJ for tube
Laird Plastics or Regional Supply for plastics
Bolt and Nut Supply for their stuff
I like cheap wrecking yards, so Pull 'n Save on half-price Wednesdays. Otherwise, A Partsmart has been good.
There are no good hardware stores I know of. :( Motion Industries is good for bearings, snap rings and stuff.

rollover

I like cheap wrecking yards, so Pull 'n Save on half-price Wednesdays. Otherwise, A Partsmart has been good.
There are no good hardware stores I know of. :( Motion Industries is good for bearings, snap rings and stuff.

X2 Carl is the local expert.

Erik d_lux

That will get me started. Thanks!

I am missing my ACE a lot! For such a small store it had everything. Wonder why there are no good hardware stores here?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Marshalls is like Cabelas, plan on spending a ton of time and a ton of money on stuff you never realized you needed, a killer resource to have here in SLC.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
For matrials there is wasach metals for box tube flat bar and angle. Marmon keystone for DOM and other round tube and metal supermarket for pretty much any other metal.

x2 on Marmon Keystone for DOM. They were literally half the cost of metal supermarket.

Erik d_lux

Marmon keystone is killing me! I am not used to buying multiple sticks and if you dont buy multiple sticks they really "stick" it to ya!

For what I need their prices are not much better, sometimes worse (even after buying multiple sticks) than onlinemetals.com EMJ was pretty much the same. Marmon would probably be good for doing a whole cage/buggy at a time though.

I think I will just get my stock up to level and order online. Bummer

Erik d_lux

Marmon keystone is killing me! I am not used to buying multiple sticks and if you dont buy multiple sticks they really "stick" it to ya!

For what I need their prices are not much better, sometimes worse (even after buying multiple sticks) than onlinemetals.com EMJ was pretty much the same. Marmon would probably be good for doing a whole cage/buggy at a time though.

I think I will just get my stock up to level and order online. Bummer
Who do you guys like for welding supplies (gas, wire etc,.)?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Who do you guys like for welding supplies (gas, wire etc,.)?

See Jake Mecham at Airgas.

Name: Airgas Intermountain Phone: (801) 288-5010 Fax: (801) 288-5050 Address: 3415 South 700 West,
Salt Lake City, UT 84119-4140 Facility Type(s): Fill Plant
Medical Branch
Equipment Rental
Specialty Gas Lab - Regional
Welder Repair
Branch

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
See Jake Mecham at Airgas.

Name: Airgas Intermountain Phone: (801) 288-5010 Fax: (801) 288-5050 Address: 3415 South 700 West,
Salt Lake City, UT 84119-4140 Facility Type(s): Fill Plant
Medical Branch
Equipment Rental
Specialty Gas Lab - Regional
Welder Repair
Branch

Yes, Jake. Make sure you tell him you're from RME, that we sent you, that you're a cool guy, whatever. :D