Sleep!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Try working in the petroleum exploration and exploitation business. I have about 11 hours of sleep in the last 3 days and I am sitting in a trailer 6X12 with a muddy floor that I cant lay down on and a bucket for a seat chatting to you people through a sattelite internet connection about 350 miles from where you guys are resting lightly preparing for a mid morning snack or coffee break, the good news is the paychecks make me smile for the first time in my life.

so go back to sleep, or some work in the natural gas industry, its fun and you get to drive on lots and lots of dirt roads that are really tore up from large tractor trailors ripping deep ruts into the not so often bladed county dirt roads. would you believe I only get about 3/4 of a mile of real pavement on one trip to a drilling rig?? pretty scary, and the porta-pots are leaky on this location so there is a bad smell that waftes through the air so it makes it even harder to take a nap while sitting on this bucket. I could go back to my truck and sleep but the windows would have to be rolled up and I would quickly burn up or get hassled by roughnecks who are just looking for an excuse to get their ass kicked anyway..

I am really tired right now, sorry for babbling...wait until my boss stumbles on this post...he is going to laugh at the copious amounts of sleep I get compared to him but I dont feel bad because he just got a company truck with XM radio, built in cell phone, and 600 miles on the odo. And he gets a company hooker to service his every need, backrubs, roadhead, the works. And he gets all the ice cream he can eat....and all the bottled water he can drink, just no pillow for our heads people....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
popo said:
Spence you have the best job in the world. :rofl:

Sorry I had to say it. I did it for four years, then I got the company truck, but no company hooker :-\ . I was in Rangly, Vernal, Book cliffs, and Texas.

Who do you work for?

jamesgeologist and I work for Geo-Link Inc. We are out of wamsutter but we also have offices in Red Lodge MT and Pinedale WY. I think we have a guy in Vernal too but his wells are wrapping.

Caleb

spencurai said:
Try working in the petroleum exploration and exploitation business. I have about 11 hours of sleep in the last 3 days and I am sitting in a trailer 6X12 with a muddy floor that I cant lay down on and a bucket for a seat chatting to you people through a sattelite internet connection about 350 miles from where you guys are resting lightly preparing for a mid morning snack or coffee break, the good news is the paychecks make me smile for the first time in my life.

so go back to sleep, or some work in the natural gas industry, its fun and you get to drive on lots and lots of dirt roads that are really tore up from large tractor trailors ripping deep ruts into the not so often bladed county dirt roads. would you believe I only get about 3/4 of a mile of real pavement on one trip to a drilling rig?? pretty scary, and the porta-pots are leaky on this location so there is a bad smell that waftes through the air so it makes it even harder to take a nap while sitting on this bucket. I could go back to my truck and sleep but the windows would have to be rolled up and I would quickly burn up or get hassled by roughnecks who are just looking for an excuse to get their ass kicked anyway..

I am really tired right now, sorry for babbling...wait until my boss stumbles on this post...he is going to laugh at the copious amounts of sleep I get compared to him but I dont feel bad because he just got a company truck with XM radio, built in cell phone, and 600 miles on the odo. And he gets a company hooker to service his every need, backrubs, roadhead, the works. And he gets all the ice cream he can eat....and all the bottled water he can drink, just no pillow for our heads people....

pfft...sleep is overrated :D

seriously, I sleep only a few hours a night...I usually go to bed around 3-4am and I am usually back up between 7-9 (sometimes even earlier). Shrimping messed me up, it was not uncommon to go 3 days straight with no sleep and busting your ass and then you get a cat nap (seriously maybe 2 hours) to be back at it again for another couple days...

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Supergper said:
pfft...sleep is overrated :D

seriously, I sleep only a few hours a night...I usually go to bed around 3-4am and I am usually back up between 7-9 (sometimes even earlier). Shrimping messed me up, it was not uncommon to go 3 days straight with no sleep and busting your ass and then you get a cat nap (seriously maybe 2 hours) to be back at it again for another couple days...

F%$# that, I need atleast 7-9 a night or I don't function right, so, with that said, I'm off to bed

VANDALL

HAHAHA.............. OLD BULL$HIT DRAMA!!!

VANDALL.
billforce said:
Hay Vandall stop ****ing up the companys rig & them axles. Then you may get some sleep!!!!!

Wild Bill