Wanted Slide in Camper

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have decided to purchase a slide in camper and seeing if anyone on here has one for sale. I would like it to have the 3 seperate sleeping areas: over the cab, table bed, and bunk over table. Fully self contained and in good working order and I prefer it to have an AC unit but that is not a deal breaker. One with awnings would also be nice. I would prefer it to be in the 9-11 foot range. I am coming to Northern Utah in 2 weeks and plan on purchasing one then. There are several on KSL that I am watching but wanted to see if anyone on here was selling one. Not looking to spend more than $5000 on one.
My truck is a 2500 extended cab long bed 1996 dodge 24 valve diesel.
You can PM, call or text me at 8ol 592 4 nine 2 four.
Thanks,
Kevin

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
You will want a good quality hitch extender, and an equalizer hitch to pull even a small trailer.
You will like a slide in camper.

tv_larsen

You will want a good quality hitch extender, and an equalizer hitch to pull even a small trailer.
I used to haul a 10' camper in my '98 Ram 2500 long-bed, I towed a 16' car hauler trailer behind it and never needed a hitch extended. But any camper longer than that probably would have needed one.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have a hitch extension that I use with my 9.5' camper. I'd never be able to hitch up a trailer without it, the rear bumper of the camper hangs too low and too far back. So it probably depends on the shape of the camper whether you'll need one or not.

justgio928

KMBoren you were mentioned on travel and logistics page as someone who could maybe help me out.
I'm needing a motor and trans for a swap brought up from St. George. If you could pick it up and bring it with you when you come north for a trailer, I'd pay for your gas this direction or whatever.
I'm in Ogden so even SLC or Provo would be good.
Text me at 8016983846 or message me here.
Thanks
Justin

kmboren

So long story short in the last 3 weeks I purchased two such campers. I traveled to SLC a couple weeks ago and looked at one I really wanted but set it on my truck and it was a little heavy for the truck at the time. Little did I know that my truck was lacking overload springs. Once I realized this I planned on putting them as well as airbags but on the short time frame I was on I walked away from that one purchased a shorter one. The first one I purchased was a Lance 1994 squire 4000 9'6" that had everything I was looking for minus the generator. On my long drive home the first guy text me and is curious what I got. I let him know and stated I really wanted his but didn't fell comfortable drive it home with the overloads and airbags. The wheels start turning in my head that I could flip mine in Southern Utah since the market is slim down here. So I put a non refundable deposite on the first one I looked at to pull the ad I posted mine for sale the day after I got home. A guy from flagstaff AZ called on it and a week after I brought it home it sold for more than I bought it for. My hypothesis was correct in the market down here that I would be able to flip it fast. So in the mean time I aquired overlaods and installed aome airlift air bags on my truck and the original camper I wanted I bought and he delivered it this last weeked. I purchased a late model year 1994 Lance 990 that is 11'3" with all the bell and wistles I wanted. Generator, two awnings, seperate frezzer/fridge, seperate shower from toilet, microwave ect. It has electric Jacks and solar panels for the battery and it has been garage stored when not in use for the last 10 years. I am very excited to get out and use it and am looking forward to many fun memories that I can form with my family in it. Will probably take it out in a couple of weekends for its maiden run.
The first one I bought and sold.

On its way to its new home.

New one sitting in my yard.

Last edited:

kmboren

and where are the pictures......??
I had to upload them to photobucket after I did the post so there would have been a short lag of photos.

no wonder I can't find a camper. You bought them all :)
LOL. There are still plenty for sale. I for sure got the nicest one in the price range I was looking. There is one Syracuse for sale that looks pretty nice.

Last edited:

Pile of parts

Nice job! We have a 9' because I originally didn't want to get into issues involved with towing with a longer camper. Now I think I would like to move to the 11' range. I refuse to sit on the toilet and shower. - Although a time saver - :eek: We have the exterior shower so when we camp I rigged up a way to hang a shower shelter off the side from the rack on top but sometimes it's a little cold. Does your shower drain to the grey or black water? I'd just hate to fill my black water with shower water and nowhere to empty (if dry camping). Either way, looks like fun - I just winterized mine this weekend. :(