Sliders

utekrawler

I posted a few weeks back asking about Rock sliders for a 4 door JK.. It seems like a few people really liked the Rock Slide engineering ones. But other than that there were just a few suggestions of some. I am planning on buying some this week but i want to make sure i get the best bang for my buck! (not too literally).. I have about $500 i can spend. Which route is the best way to go? Should i just go ahead and get the RSE ones? I just dont like wheeling worrying about when i am going to crush my rocker panel!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I posted a few weeks back asking about Rock sliders for a 4 door JK.. It seems like a few people really liked the Rock Slide engineering ones. But other than that there were just a few suggestions of some. I am planning on buying some this week but i want to make sure i get the best bang for my buck! (not too literally).. I have about $500 i can spend. Which route is the best way to go? Should i just go ahead and get the RSE ones? I just dont like wheeling worrying about when i am going to crush my rocker panel!

RSE makes a good product, I have visited their shop and the drop down sliders are very well built.

notajeep

Just me
I am installing some RSE ones today. If you call there and talk to Shaundi, tell here you're from RME and she will get you a killer deal on a set.

utekrawler

So I am debating between the RSE ones and the teraflex ones. How is the durability between the two, one being steel and the other aluminum? Any experience or reviews with them?

Kssting

I looked at the same sliders and ended up installing the Teraflex aluminum ones yesterday mostly because of the weight difference. First impression of the TF ones is they should be plenty strong enough but I haven't had them out yet so we will see.

It is strange just how similar the design is between the R-SE and the TF. They look like they were created off the same CAD design.