Slightly Leaning Tj

brikar

I Have A 97 Tj, The Back Passenger Side Sits An Inch And A Half Below The Drivers Side. The Inch And A Half Makes The Jeep Look Like The Leaning Tower Of Pisa. I Have Checked The Coils For Length And I Have Switched Them Several Times...i Changed The Rear Track Bar To An Adjustable One To Get It A Little More Length In Hopes That The Bar Was To Short And Pulling The Frame Down... But This Did Not Change Anything...i Use The Warn Rear Bumber With The Tire Carrier, However I Took The Tire Off For A While And She Still Leans...i Am Packing Teraflex Coils, Control Arms, And 1 Inch Body Lift....i Am Out Of Thoughts...has Anyone Else Experienced This? Thanks

wtrdog

i had a 98 with the same problem. I was told by several people this was a common thing with TJ's.

brikar

no it has not always leaned. it started about a year ago...
the coil is actually compressed the difference it is leaning..when i swap the coils it still leans to the same side. so something somehow that backend has more pressure on it to make that coil compress more...i am thinking about getting an inch longer coil, but will that screw up the geometry of everything?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My XJ coils would rotate within the 'bucket' and then fall 'out' (down about 1/2" or so). I just jacked the front up and rotated the coil back to where it should sit. The factory retainers on XJs leave a lot to be desired. Maybe the TJ is the same?

chadschoon

mine also does this. if you have your sway bar off, notice how much torque goes to the right rear. I have a filling this is why mine leans, because of the amount of force being drawn to just that one sping. just my 300 cents