Smithfield Ponds/Mud Hole and FS 84

ttora4runner

Since I'm only home once a month currently and my 4runner has either been in the body shop or garaged it really hasn't see a good dirt road/trail in a while. So I made a little trip this morning up Farmington Canyon and headed back to FS 84 and the Smithfield Ponds/Mud Hole.

Working on the video and photo's. So only a snapshot for now.

ttora4runner

Up behind the stations on the way to Smithfield Ponds.

Smithfield Pond 1 (mudhole)

Smithfield Pond 2

I didn't make the drive back to the third, just didn't feel like it.

The switchbacks down to the ponds.

Coming back up the trail and Smithfield Pond 1

Overall, it was a great little drive I think a few areas have become a little more eroded since I was last here about 2 years ago when I had my green 4runner. Lots of folks on ATV's and RZR's. Saw only one other vehicle on the trail and that was a Jeep coming back up from the ponds.

Steve, the road back to the ponds might be a good little test for you Montero but then again you have AF Canyon close by.

Troop92

Nice, man. We were back there July 19th, road was bone dry then. It's a fun drive, not overly challenging, but really scenic. The fight up Farmington Canyon is the worst with the traffic though...

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Last time I went up this route there was a dbag in a H2 taking up the center lane of the road up Farmington and he wouldn't edge over to let others pass. It was like a 3 car back up of cars including myself behind this H2 and when one tried passing him, the H2 driver moved to the left to prevent them from passing. Fkn jackasses. Anyway I was up there a couple weeks back, it was a nice drive otherwise with nice areas worth checking out.

Troop92

Recently explored the Farmington Flats area in a night run wth a buddy after going up Old Ward - which is pretty sketch now - and ended up on some dead-end road that wound (tightly) through aspens. Really cool, want to get back up there during the day.