Smoke bomb Cherokee

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I finally got the Hero running, but now it no longer loves me. Terrible idle, no response with gas pedal, I'm thinking vaccum leak? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.:D :cool:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Tank was empty, put new gas in. I'm trying to track down vaccum leaks, tried starting it this morning it idled and started great for about 2 seconds then died??? I'm going to replace the fuel filter today and see what happens.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I love my Renix system.....for once it runs perfectly (okay, other than some fast idle now and then)

I'd say maybe check the coil on it. They are prone to go out on these old babies. Check out the computer connections as well, and of course, the wonderful vacuum system on it. I don't think that this could be the problem, but check out that vacuum tank under the front bumper and make sure it's connected (mine isn't even on and it runs fine without)

Other than that, I dunno....new fuel filter will be a help like you said.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
have you checked the balast resitor? when that gets disconected accidentaly it will start for 2 seconds then die and the start again and do the same thing

just a thought

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it still sounds to me like there was a little bit of nasty bad gas left in the tank....maybe some water.....I would put about 5 gallons in and drop in a bottle of heet and then run the motor at idle till the thing runs out of gas, then top it off....

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I have become a psuedo-renix wanabe expert out of neccesity.
Andy let me know when you are going to be working on it, I'll come by.

Marc B, Carl has you rfuel pressure gauge/tester.

Marc

T

Toby

I agree with Jeremy. I had a Fireturd a few years back. It had been sitting a while when I bought it. The rubber insert in the fuel pump dried out while it was sitting. I had really low pressure,until it really gave out and drained my gas tank in the parking lot.