Snakes July 4, 2011

CSR

A group met to run the snakes today, and my sister has been itching to drive the Dragonfly for awhile. So we both decided to catch up with the group and let her do some driving. Here's the link to the video, which includes Chris making Wayne's World in his JK. I ran out of card space, so I missed a bunch of stuff. But a limited trip report is better than no trip report, right? I was actually impressed with Suzanne's instincts. She seemed to know where to place the tires and hit the throttle very well for somebody who has never touched a four wheel drive vehicle (let alone a crawler!).

Sorry for the shaky camera work. It's hard to spot and film at the same time!

Nice to meet you all out there. I'd do it again at the drop of a hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDt9j8CA8Qs&feature=youtube_gdata

Last edited:

ricsrx

Hey every one thanks for all your help getting Hunter back on the trail,
We had the tie rod break on us and some very creative straping by every one to get it mobile. It was great to meet all of you, Good driving Sue!!
Rick

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
We had the tie rod break on us and some very creative straping by every one to get it mobile.

I don't know if you noticed it (you were focused on other things at the time), but when the tie rod failed our entire group let out a collective "awwww" out of sadness. Seriously. We really got a kick out of watching him on that rig.

I look forward to heading out with you again.

DerekM

formerly dirk124
Crazy, I was up there at 9AM with 4 black Jeeps. We did not see anyone else up there, must have passed you all on the way out. I did fill up my Jeep with 32 Beer cans that morning, along with a fender and a step. It was gross.

ricsrx

Thanks again for every ones help. It really showed Hunter the importance of watching out for those who have a bad day and not to leave them on the trail, and its tough for me to be the one needing help. thank you

I was going to wait and video at the area where we junked it so i didnt even get the camera out.......

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I did fill up my Jeep with 32 Beer cans that morning, along with a fender and a step.

Where did you find the step? Was it a plastic OEM one from a TJ? I ask because on Wednesday night my friend Marc ripped his off the passenger side of his Jeep. Once I noticed, we both began keeping an eye out for it... but we never did find it.

Addiction

Life is Good!!
It was great meeting all of you. We need to do it again. Chris tell Sue she did a great job for her first time out, your rig is amazing too! Next time we will get Steve out!?!

sixstringsteve

ooh, I don't know, that's a pretty tall order :D

Honestly, I LOVE wheeling. I'm still a little burnt out on my build, and there are some things I need to do to get my rig wheelable again. But I promise I"ll work hard on it after this month. I have to focus on my thesis this month, then I can play.

DerekM

formerly dirk124
Where did you find the step? Was it a plastic OEM one from a TJ? I ask because on Wednesday night my friend Marc ripped his off the passenger side of his Jeep. Once I noticed, we both began keeping an eye out for it... but we never did find it.

Yeah it was a black plastic step, it was about a quarter mile before eagles nest.

CSR

Tobe, Tell Chris if you see him that the dvd is ready and to give me a call.

Last edited:

ricsrx

Thanks for posting, my heart sank again. we will be back!!

Those pro comps are load range C and don't flex much with such a lightweight rig.

Last edited: