Snakes next sunday the 23rd

Spicy_Red

Everythin'sBroke
Going to try and hit up the snakes at least try my stock rig on rattlesnake next sunday. Meeting at the cheveron around 1:30 would love to have a few people that have more experience go along. Also would like to show my bro Wayne's World if anyone will do it.
Hope to see s few of you out there.
RED

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Where is snakes?

5 mile pass. West of Utah Lake. Near the southern most portion of Hwy 73...

That's all the info I know of since I've never been there. I've got trailhead coordinates but I don't know how easy the trails are to follow...

I suggested a run on Saturday, but if you get anyone who knows the trail and you don't mind me tagging along I'd love to join you on Sunday instead.

Thanks!

erocrocks

well if you take the lehi exit, and head west, through town, past the circle, and out to the light with chevron, and shoping center, then keep head ing out, its about 10 miles or more to get to the 5 mile pass area, the first parking lot is for all the quads, you want to head out for another mile or 2 , over the little hump and the road with bend to the rightm you will see a sid eroad for the old pony express, past that, and there is a parking lot, i belive this is the third one you pass, on the right, and you will head north then, into the feild along the dirt road, it splits and you want to go to the left, and then up a littel hill and vear to the right and then you will be in a wash out, and there should be a sign there, for rattle snake, follow that trail on, when you get to the mines you want to be on the left side, and there are a couple side trails that lead off to the left, take one of those, and follow for a while, you will see the other signe for constrictor on the other side of a wash out,

they are kinda hard to find if you havent been out there often, there are a lot of side trails for the quads, are you wanting to go this saturday, or what, the origanl post was for sunday. i would be able to go most likely on saturday, dont ,mind at all leasding, al though i have some problems with the trail, it breakes my jeep alot

ill check around for other guys to lead

eric

erocrocks

the trails are all over, so kinda confusing, as for the rating, i would put rattlesnake at a 3, or 2 i guess i have never rated one before, and the constrictor at a 4/5 the very end you need locvkers and some balls, also the waterfall either requires a buggy or winch at least, its a cool, but short trail , rattle snake is easy for the most part, both fun, i have only did consriticor winch a broken tail shaft and being dragged over the end, so i am kinda bitter, i have broken quite a bit out there, but i like the area for the most part, good views of area, i would like to go saturday afternoon, 1pm at the chevron, would work best for me, that dang church thing always gets in the way.......

if you have any questions you can call me also, eric 801 655 3500

erocrocks

well if i make it out there on saturday it would be in the afernoon, after 1, probaly close to rwo actually i bet, by the time we get out there, and to the trrail

Spicy_Red

Everythin'sBroke
time

I should be camping out there Saturday night but have to run into town to get my cousin so I would figure being back at the trail head at about 2-2:30

erocrocks

around two, i plan on meeting at the chevron around 1pm, wati for the stragglers, and then drive out to parking lot, unload, and then head to treail head. should be around 2pm

not sure how many are going, trying to gte the guys to get there rigs together, including myself

we all know how it goes....

erocrocks

so who all wants to go on saturday, and what time would work best, i have 2 buddys that want to wait till 5, and another that dosnt get off work till 5... 530, so let me know, what everyone thinks, and i am talkoing about SATURDAY afternoon, or night

87jeep

rockhopper
ill plan on being at the trail head around 2:30 then it will give me a chance to get over the hang over im going to have

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
I have never been on these trails or ANY in this neck of the woods. I would prefer to do a day run for 2 reasons: 1) I like to see the scenery, and 2) no lights (not even headlights)!

-Bryan

Meat_

Banned
I have never been on these trails or ANY in this neck of the woods. I would prefer to do a day run for 2 reasons: 1) I like to see the scenery, and 2) no lights (not even headlights)!

-Bryan

They aren't that long. Even with a fair number of people present you could run both trails twice in one day without trying hard.

If my junk wasn't RIP I'd come show you the trails.

Last edited:

erocrocks

so who allwill be out there, around 1pm on saturday at thew chevron, i have a freind that is going to try and just meet up witrh us at the trails, but i would liek to know who i need to wait for at the gas stations, if anyone is still going to go, ???

ROLL CALL

71Swinger

I know Snakes pretty good and know where it is and would like to come! I know how to get to constrictor but have never done it. I do know you need a winch to get past a waterfall. But like I said I have never done constrictor. I don't think I will have time to do more than just snake but would be glad to point you in the right direction on constrictor. So who all is goin?

87jeep

rockhopper
i know the area verry well and your right meat it dont take long to do the snake i think you can be trough the whole trail in about 20 min (depending on how many rigs go out) but i dont know constrictor i have not done more then 100 feet of that trail. i will be at the trail head sunday by 2:00 2:30 at the latest for who ever wants to go i will be driving a whight dodge with a green scout on a trailer.i have one other rig going out with me