Snakes on Monday, July 4th at 1:00pm

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
My co-worker Mike (Awz here on RME) says he wants to go run Rattlesnake with me on the 4th... and this time he "really means it" (unlike the last two times when he stood me up :p). He even asked me to start this thread so that others would know about it, so maybe he'll actually make it out this time.

We will meet at the infamous Chevron at 1:00pm and head out immediately. Being a holiday, I fully expect we'll encounter other people on the trail, but it will be nice to have a (small) group starting out together. If you're interested, you're invited. See you there.

ozzy702

I may be down for wheeling but 1pm is going to be TOO HOT for my blood (it's supposed to be in the mid 90's tomorrow). I'd either want to go early morning or late and make it night run. Let me know what you guys decided!

Last edited:

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
I have no problem with early morning. Can't do a night run though. 1pm seemed a good time, but you're right it'll probably be pretty hot. Let's see what turbominivan has to say.

Mike

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
I think 9 or 10 would be good. But that's me, Mr. I-Can't-Sleep-In :). although 8 might be pushing it :)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'm fine with meeting at 9 or 10; just let me know what the consensus is.

You doing constrictor too?

Well I'm a peglegged lowrider so I can't make it all the way through, but I know I can at least get to the left turn. I can be at the back of the pack and watch as you go on up the waterfall by yourself... then I'll have to turn around and drive back out the way I came in. (I have no problem with this, BTW.)

ozzy702

You doing constrictor too?

I've never done constrictor but I'd love to. I'd be down for meeting at the chevron at 9am or earlier. Once again, I'd like to beat the heat.

I can come back down it with you if needed Turbo. I still need to reinforce my winch mount anyway and can't really use it until I do.

Edit: Actually It's saying 97 tomorrow, EEEEEEWWWWWWW. :D

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I've never done constrictor but I'd love to. I'd be down for meeting at the chevron at 9am or earlier. Once again, I'd like to beat the heat.

Very well. I am willing to meet at Chevron at 9am. Is that good with everyone else? (Awz, I'm talkin' to you!)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yeah that left turn before eagles nest proved to be just a little too much for my 33's. I had to take a strap. It really doesn't look as tough as it actually is. I kept getting Hung up on the front axle.

ozzy702

Based on our last 'wheeling trip together, I seriously doubt you'll have anything to worry about. (Either way, you've got yourself a great gal.)

On the ride home she told me she was embarrassed because she talked your ears off. :D She's chatty, especially on the trail. One of these days she'll have to bring her cherokee. She's done rattlesnake before in it and she did fairly well.

Last edited: