Northern Utah Snakes on Thursday afternoon, May 22nd

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
A month or so ago, I took a co-worker out to see the Snakes for his first "real" 4WD trip. (Before this trip, Craig had never seen anything more than a graded gravel road in his entire life.) He drove his stock JKU X through Rattlesnake, then parked it and rode with me on Constrictor up to Eagle's Nest. Ryan (dash) was with us, and he also got his open/open XJ through Radiator Rapids in an impressive fashion.

Anyway, this co-worker wants me to take him back there again so he can bring his teenaged son along to see what four wheeling is all about. We've set this up for Thursday, May 22nd. We will meet at the infamous Saratoga Springs crossroads Chevron at about 4:15 and plan to be on our way by 4:30.

As always, all are welcome to come along. If you'd like to make the trip with us, please post up.

Edited for updated departure time.

Last edited:

Troop92

Yeah yeah. Count me in. Would appreciate a ride on Constrictor, and maybe RR, though... Sliders/armor aren't on yet.

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Would appreciate a ride on Constrictor, and maybe RR, though... Sliders/armor aren't on yet.

In that case, I'm definitely going to need some more attendees. You'd be the third person who would want to ride along Constrictor with me, and I've only got two seats (total) in my Jeep. :eek:

Troop92

In that case, I'm definitely going to need some more attendees. You'd be the third person who would want to ride along Constrictor with me, and I've only got two seats (total) in my Jeep. :eek:

Ah... Well, if I was to attempt RR and Constrictor, and took simple lines, could it be done? I have a good amount of lift, near-33s, and open/LSD.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Ah... Well, if I was to attempt RR and Constrictor, and took simple lines, could it be done? I have a good amount of lift, near-33s, and open/LSD.

How patient are the guys going with you and how good of a spotter are they is usually the question? My first time ever going up there I didn't even know what Radiator Rapids was until after I had driven through it without anyone to guide me, managed to drive right through without backing up or spinning a tire, I was only running 33x12.50's then but my Jeep will flex to the moon and back so traction is pretty good even with just the rear LSD.

Troop92

Well, having never done Radiator or Consteictor, heck, not having even been to them... Perhaps not the best plan? I know my limits, I'm a good driver, and can pick a good line. Credit that with driving a big truck/trailer elk hunting in northern Idaho.

Isuzu IFS isn't super flexy, but rear is.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
My current 4Runner has made good use of the rock sliders on constrictor before when I was on the 31's, so I would recommend sliders just in case lol.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
How patient are the guys going with you

Very.

and how good of a spotter are they

I'd like to think I'm at least decent. ;) If nothing else, I'll make damn sure no body damage happens.

I'm sure the Isuzu will make it through Rattlesnake unscathed. After that, all bets are off... but we can still drive it there (so he can see the trail) and decide just how far he wants to go.

Troop92

I'm sure the Isuzu will make it through Rattlesnake unscathed. After that, all bets are off... but we can still drive it there (so he can see the trail) and decide just how far he wants to go.

I've done a Rattlesnake twice, once in the snow and once just last weekend. Didn't give me any issues. I'd like to see RR/Constrictor, get a visual feel so to speak.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

I think you'll struggle at Radiator Rapids and might get your rocker in a fight with some granite if you push it, but you should have no problem with anything before that. You'll have to turn around at RR anyway, so no big deal if you don't make it up.

Tonkaman

I'd like to join the amateur run up constrictor. Depending on how things are going that day I can likely come join the fun. I'm sure the taco can handle it but I'm still new to crawlin

NChap

Count me as a 50/50. I'll have to hold out for a few days and see what wifeys schedule looks like for the 22nd.

dutchman

KI7KSV
Be prepared to bang the underside of your rig going down constrictor. I like the challenge going up, but don't like fighting gravity on the way down.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Troop92

Sounds like fun all around. Count me in for Rattlesnake in my own, and we'll see on the rest. If not, I can take video and pics of everyone else on RR and Constrictor.

Natex338

I'd like to join the amateur run up constrictor as well, I've never been so if you guys are cool with showing a new guy the ropes I'm fine pushing my yj to its limits.

simplyjeep

I'd like to do this as well, will take some time off to make it assuming nothing pressing is happening. Stock JKU sport with 17" wheels and craptastic tires. :)