Snakes this weekend

T.T.

I'm in, I'm just a little worried about finding the meet spot. Is it right on the hiway or do I need to drive down sunshine canyon road?

Meat_

Banned
I'm in, I'm just a little worried about finding the meet spot. Is it right on the hiway or do I need to drive down sunshine canyon road?

It's just off the highway, and as I've said that road IS NOT sunshine canyon road.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If you're coming from the Tooele side, go PAST Sunshine Canyon Road, and look for the trailhead sign on the left. It will just look like a post sticking up, and it's easy to miss if no one is in the parking area.

If you're coming from the Lehi side, go around the bend, and look to the right. It's easier to see from that side.

venpick

77 fj40
I think:eek: it is going to rain on sat. I hope im wrong. Friday is going to be 68 and partly cloudy. Lets go friday instead. forget work its overrated

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I live off of 1500 S., Where do you wanna meet to take off from? What time? etc..

Wow, you're really far away from me. I'm at 10th South and 1020 West (off 11th). I don't think the motor mounts will be back together by then or I'd wanna go. Sounds like I should hook the heater up as well.

Brad J

I live off of 1500 S., Where do you wanna meet to take off from? What time? etc..

What if we left at 10 and then met the rest of the group at Chevron in Lehi by 11? I will be towing my scout down so either your place or mine or one on the churches on 1500 So. I just need a place to turn around:eek:

I think:eek: it is going to rain on sat. I hope im wrong. Friday is going to be 68 and partly cloudy. Lets go friday instead. forget work its overrated

Everyone I've been talking to has been saying its going to be raining and snowing:eek:
Wow, you're really far away from me. I'm at 10th South and 1020 West (off 11th). I don't think the motor mounts will be back together by then or I'd wanna go. Sounds like I should hook the heater up as well.

Marc, My pit crew bailed on me so I've got 3 open seats, but no scout jokes:ugh:

Thanks, Brad Jarrett

mbryson

Supporting Member

Marc, My pit crew bailed on me so I've got 3 open seats, but no scout jokes:ugh:

Thanks, Brad Jarrett

I've got a whole pit crew (even a 3 yr. old daughter that's never been on the trail--she doesn't mind like the boys do/did and until she does, I'm concerned to take her out--stinkin' chicks anyway) or I'd take you up on that.

I know I'll get my trans mount done tonight, and I 'could' (hope to) get my motor mounts done.

crzyjeep

What if we left at 10 and then met the rest of the group at Chevron in Lehi by 11? I will be towing my scout down so either your place or mine or one on the churches on 1500 So. I just need a place to turn around:eek:

Call and give me your address and I can meet you there since you will have your trailer. I do need to meet my buddy from school somewhere on the way down. He lives in Salt Lake and doesn't want to come to my house before we go up. (Do you usually take Bangerter hwy to Redwood or do you like to turn off in Lehi?) Bronco Mutt, if you give me a call too I'll try and coordinate with you so we can caravan down.
801-388-1530 is my cell, name is Mike.

Last edited:

Brad J

I know I'll get my trans mount done tonight, and I 'could' (hope to) get my motor mounts done.

If you need help let me know. My # is 678-5516.

which chevron do you guy usually meet at the one at the exit or the one at redwood rd or whatever it is called in lehi

I think they usually meet at the 73 and 68 (Redwood Road) cross roads.

Call and give me your address and I can meet you there since you will have your trailer. I do need to meet my buddy from school somewhere on the way down. He lives in Salt Lake and doesn't want to come to my house before we go up. (Do you usually take Bangerter hwy to Redwood or do you like to turn off in Lehi?) Bronco Mutt, if you give me a call too I'll try and coordinate with you so we can caravan down.
801-388-1530 is my cell, name is Mike.

1428 w 2500 so. No problem on stopping in SLC. I prefer to take I-15 to Bangeter Hwy then Redwood road. It seems faster.

Thanks, Brad J.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Mine's not done. Trans mount is redone/reinforced, and a "slight" leakage issue in the tranny is now taken care of (new pan).

I hope to get to the motor mounts tomorrow so I can do the Price thing. The frame will take a minute to clean off the old mounts, but other than that, it should go OK.

Brad J

Mine's not done. Trans mount is redone/reinforced, and a "slight" leakage issue in the tranny is now taken care of (new pan).

I hope to get to the motor mounts tomorrow so I can do the Price thing. The frame will take a minute to clean off the old mounts, but other than that, it should go OK.

:(
Thanks for the heads up Marc.

Brad J

You going out in this weather?

We did and it wasn't too bad. The snow flakes were small and came down most of the day. The sun came out for a little while. Rattlesnake was slick in spots and made it very hard. Crzyjeep (Mike) & I drove down from Woods Cross and met BroncoMutt (Steve) riding w/ Alan and then Mike (Crzyjeep's friend from school) met us w/ his son in his XJ. We ran into Alf and Craig Fife there also. I can't wait to get down there and play around some more:greg:

Attachments

• IMG_2127sm.jpg
    IMG_2127sm.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2149sm.jpg
    IMG_2149sm.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2152sm.jpg
    IMG_2152sm.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 7

Brad J

Steve's not afraid of using the skinny pedal:D