snowmobile suggestions needed

Houndoc

My kids are wanting to get out and do some snowmobiling this winter. I used to go a lot as a kid, and use them some for transportation when I am in Canada each winter, but have not done anything locally in many a year.

Any suggestions for both rentals (reliable and inexpensive) and best place to go? My first thoughts on place would be above Kamas, always enjoyed that area.

Kids are 14 and 17, FYI.

Ok, I've never rented, but I'd probably go to Daniels Summit and have a blast. Jeff Turner and a few others ride. Seems like there was a thread about renting sleds last winter.

I've got three 2008 ski-doo 800s. We go near Mt Lewis (cabin) mostly, but also to Daniels or Soapstone (Kamas) or out of the back of Timberlakes (with friends). They're pretty decent sleds, but the newer ones are starting to leave me in the dust (as if I could ride that well anyway).

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
There are all kinds of rental places, and some on ksl. Renting sleds is the only way to go. I hate owning them.
The top of fairview/Huntington canyon is supposed to be killer for sleds. I've never been though

Jeepj667

I just called the rental place in Fairview the other day. They charge $200/day and must be 18 or older to ride.

Corban_White

Sounds good. PM if you want to get ahold of me. I don't get on RME as often as I used to. I'm pretty familiar with the Mirror Lake area as well since I maintain Trial, Lost and Washington Lakes for work.