so I decided to get back into fishing last week

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
After not doing any fishing for 16 years I decided to pick up a pole last week and this is the result. All were caught on just worms in the Manti-LaSalle area above Fairview. The small one was only kept because it hooked his other eye when the hook was removed, all others were between 12-14 inches. Overall I caught about 25 Rainbows and a few others but released about half of them, and gave a few to our neighbor who I borrowed some poles from. I grew up with fishing in my blood back east so it came back to me very quickly. Needless to say I will be going a lot from now on and my wife is prepared, she actually prefers to eat fish over steak so it works out.

Question, wth is a "wiper" fish?

Attachments

• DSCN4425.jpg
    DSCN4425.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN4430.jpg
    DSCN4430.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN4432.jpg
    DSCN4432.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN4433.jpg
    DSCN4433.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 13

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I'll be right over. :D I love trout!

You are tempting me to get a pole and get out there. mmmmm trrrrooouuuut

If I told you that I grilled them with sliced lemon and fresh rosemary from the garden stuffed in their belly and it was quite salivating you would be even more tempted. I also grilled some fresh zucchini tossed in olive oil and freshly ground salt and pepper. Cooking is another hobby of mine but have never really used a recipe.

Attachments

• DSCN4435.jpg
    DSCN4435.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN4436.jpg
    DSCN4436.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Did you get these in any of the lakes I told you about ? By the way a wiper is a cross between a white bass and a striped bass.

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
If you really like eating them, you should try filleting and boning them. they wont have the real strong fish taste and are even better.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Did you get these in any of the lakes I told you about ? By the way a wiper is a cross between a white bass and a striped bass.

Indeed we did, most of them came out of the outlet stream at Gooseberry and Boulger, stayed at the same camping spot all 4 nights just below Gooseberry campground. Next time I may just do a day trip or single night, it was so nice to get away from the heat.