So, I have decided to give up...

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Thanks for all the recommendations. I don't drink alcohol, so those options are out, but I will look into some of the others. I need to lose about 20-30lbs by November to get some serious money from our Wellness program at work. I am a procrastinator and thought I would lose it faster this summer, but I haven't. Stupid Jeep makes it more fun to drive up the mtn than hike...:rofl: Besides, if my wife ever left me, I don't think I would like what this bait will catch...:eek:

Not sure what you do for exercise but I can tell you I've been a couch potato for a while. I recently started doing crossfit with my partners at work, its rough at first but its a lot of fun, especially if you can find someone to do it with. I've only been doing it for three weeks and I've lost a belt notch. My partner has been doing it for about two months now and has lost 20lbs and 5 inches off his waist.

This is the gym i'm going to http://www.crossfitgsl.com/ neither of us have changed our diet, I'm cutting down on soda and trying to stop as well. I went 3 years without a drop, then I went to graveyards and got started again.

mombobuggy

Not sure if its healthy but the mioenergy helped me kick mt. dew and coffee. the black ones have caffiene. I think the black cherry is the least bad. but without it my head hurts in the morning.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Not sure what you do for exercise but I can tell you I've been a couch potato for a while. I recently started doing crossfit with my partners at work, its rough at first but its a lot of fun, especially if you can find someone to do it with. I've only been doing it for three weeks and I've lost a belt notch. My partner has been doing it for about two months now and has lost 20lbs and 5 inches off his waist.

This is the gym i'm going to http://www.crossfitgsl.com/ neither of us have changed our diet, I'm cutting down on soda and trying to stop as well. I went 3 years without a drop, then I went to graveyards and got started again.
I am not doing much besides walking and occasionally riding my bike for exercise. I have an elliptical in my basement I need to get back on, but I still plan to hike once / twice a week. I am not to far from Gold's Gym in Layton, but I have a hard time paying for a gym membership when I won't go because I go alone. It certainly helps to have a workout partner. I should really start working out more frequently since I am heading to industrial fire school the end of September and I don't want to pass out the 2nd day of training.:-\

ID Bronco

I am no expert and I know exercise makes us feel better but it does little for me with weight loss. Diet is where the weight loss comes from. Everything is calories in and calories out. If you use an eliptical for 40 minutes you may burn 300 calories which is pretty easily ruined by a big dinner. Two thoughts that help me. One, don't eat after 8pm. It makes a huge difference. When I lost weight this helped alot. Also, lower your carb intake and you will shed pounds and become more aware of what you are eating. I'm an Idaho boy so I love potatoes. Still do but in much more moderation. Good luck!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I go to sam's club and get the 24 bottle case of Propel zero... its a 16 oz bottle and for about 45 cents a bottle I feel good about it... comes in 3 flavors (grape, berry, kiwi strawberry) and I feel good drinking it...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Water mixed with your preferred citrus flavor will help a lot, you can also start drinking oolong tea which has many weight loss advantages and helps prevent diabetes. Oh, and trying the Flat Belly Diet combined with Insanity will work faster than just about any other program.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
All I drink anymore is beer and water and whiskey too of course. I gave up soda so I could continue to enjoy my beer and not continue to gain weight but I have really learned to love the taste of good water which when I drank soda I didn't really care for water all that much. Now I'll still have a soda every now and again but it's not the 3-6 pepsi's or Mt. Dew's everyday.

Cascadia

Undecided
I have been 7 weeks today without a single drop of soda. I do honestly feel healthier.
Same here. But I've been about 9 weeks. Didn't stop for any reason other than to see if anything changed. I'm not that big of a guy at 6'1" 178. But 9 weeks ago I was 198 and that's the only thing I changed. Seriously the only thing. I exercise regularly with running or basketball or softball, also framing homes is pretty much an 8 hour workout. I still want a drink every meal I eat but I just drink lemonade or strawberry lemonade. And at least a gallon of water during the day.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
I decided to drink one Diet Coke per day. Tomorrow I will be drinking for Feb 5, 2015. By the end of next week I will be drinking for March

this^^ is the coolest thing I've seen on here in a while. I quit the diet dew for a while and saw no difference in anything, so I'm back on it. I know it's not good for me, but it's the same as mio or crystal light or anything else artificial out there.

I just try to balance it with healthy habits everywhere else in my life.

for what it's worth I dropped 80lbs. 5 or 6 years ago with this plan and haven't gained anything back.

Just to reiterate; you can eat more than you can exercise, so you NEED to balance the two and find something sustainable.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I will have to look for some Kombucha and oolong tea. I lost 30lbs 2 years ago by writing down everything I ate on an app on my phone. I totally agree it takes balance of eating less calories than I burn, was really looking for something zero calorie to drink beside Diet Coke. Water with citirus hasn't done if for me yet this weekend, but I am still trying to get used to it and wean myself off the DC so I can manage the headaches...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I love water, but sometimes flavor is good. I like to mix 100% grape juice with ice cold water (50/50) and that usually does it for me when I need some flavor. :cool:

Only problem is that it's high in sugar, but at least it's natural sugar and not added/refined.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If I stop drinking Coke, I'd have to drink straight rum! Then I would have a drinking problem. As long as I mix a can of Coke with every 5th of rum I'm ok right?

I think too many people focus on weight instead of fat. I weigh less now than I did last year at this time but I am %5 more body fat. Building muscle burns fat 24 hours a day so you can eat the same and still loose weight. My problem is when I am doing good at sticking to a weight lifting routine, I want to eat 20% more so I don't loose much.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My problem is when I am doing good at sticking to a weight lifting routine, I want to eat 20% more so I don't loose much.

This is what i'm noticing. Now that i'm actively working out again, i'm always hungry, all damn day

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I was in this same boat a month or two ago... I was drinking anywhere between 40-80oz of Dt Coke a day. Everyday I felt like I was in a funk by 3-4pm.

I made the switch to water, problem is plain water is terrible as a anytime drink for me. I love plain water if I've just worked out or finished some activity or something..

Mio Fit flavors are what keep me into drinking water and enjoying it. I now drink an easy 60-80oz of water a day.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
This is what i'm noticing. Now that i'm actively working out again, i'm always hungry, all damn day

Try dropping your simple carb intake. I cut out breads and pastas and such from my regular diet a couple months ago, and now I've noticed that when I do eat a whack of carbs, I'm crazy hungry a couple hours later.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Try dropping your simple carb intake. I cut out breads and pastas and such from my regular diet a couple months ago, and now I've noticed that when I do eat a whack of carbs, I'm crazy hungry a couple hours later.

I don't eat a ton of carbs, most of my intake is protein. I think its just part of my metabolism jumping up again. Basically back to my physical routine from when I was in the Army, and I was always eating then to.