so tell me about Scott Creasey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just kind of wondering what anyone knows about him.

I just had a unique experience, but I am curious if it was the norm or exception.

Please post up what you know.

I will relate my side of the experience later... (there is always two sides)
:D

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I'm betting ol' Jinxy has a positive story to tell. Just a guess.

Actually Braden, I am just trying to give this kid the benefit of a doubt.

I really don't know a lot about him just had a dealing with him today and started to wonder if everyone was treated similar...

hence the norm or the exception discussion.

Do you have any experience with him?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I just read that hole post. wow, novel style. I guess that is one experience. Anyone else?

I promise mine won't be close to that long. :D

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
:eek:His own family has had a falling out! I bought a project from one of his family members and they don't have very good things to say about him either!! :eek:

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I just searched around but did not find it ... just a few months ago there was a guy that showed up on the board that really got taken. Seems like he was from vegas

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just searched around but did not find it ... just a few months ago there was a guy that showed up on the board that really got taken. Seems like he was from vegas

Was he the guy that bought parts from Creasy Offroad on EBay & never received anything? A Google search of the name brought him here, right?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I loved those weld pictures from that old post. "They were only tacks" Too bad they weighed about 4 pounds

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Only tacks? Yikes... I was doing better stuff than that today, and I'm new to MIG welding... And no, I won't show them.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I thought we ran into them on the first Summit Run... at the big intersection on Rattlesnake??? Blue Jeep, broken down?

I was not impressed with Creasey welds, in the least.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
well, I guess its time I relate my side of what happened.

There was a post about two weeks ago on KSL for 15" beadlocks 8 lug for $150. If anyone remembers the U4 run in price, I need something in the form of beadlocks. Anyways I call up the guy and he answers "Creasey" I ask him about the beadlocks and He tell me they are brand new, etc. I am thinking cool. But if anyone has ever dealt with this guy, you know he talks way too much, trying to sell you. He starts telling me about how he had them sold but "after he got them dismounted" the guy thought they were a $150 for all 4 and he was selling them for a $150 each.

Red Flags start popping up. New, had to dismount, misleading pricing, etc.

So I tell him that I thought they were $150 for all 4, he says no can' t go that cheap, but he will go $100 a piece. At that point I am still game. That would be cheaper than time and material to do some DIY beadlocks.

I ask him how wide and what is the offset. He ask why? I told him I had dana 60 up front and I need them to clear the calipers. He told me that they were 10" wide and would clear a dana 60 caliper.

after a lot of phone tag and him calling me back a lot asking if I was the guy "looking for golf clubs". I gave up on him. Something sounded fishy. $400 isn't that great of deal, anyways.

Fast forward to yesterday. I am skimming ksl, same beadlocks for $300. That is a good deal. I call again, this time he answers "this is Scott" I ask about the rims same story as before, 10" wide and will clear a 60 caliper. I ask where i can see them he tells me between 4:30 and 5. I tell him I can meet him earlier if it worked out for him but that was fine. he won't give me the address though and I would have to call back then to get it. Weird...

about a half hour later he calls and says he can meet me at 3:30 and would that work. Sure no problem, then he calls back and says how about 4:15, again no problem, I am thinking that is cool to keep the communication up so I am not just waiting. then to 5pm then 5:30pm and I finally get the address. I understand people are busy and I appreciate the courtesy.

So after work I leave the office and head home, grab the truck, cash in hand, measure the rims I am now running and head out to Scott's. Not too far from my house but far enough that I didn't want to drive it twice. I get there at prescribed time. No Scott, I give him 5 min then he calls, he will be right there, cool. Then he starts talking too much again and putting this high pressure "are you going to take the rims?" game. He was doing me a favor by letting me be first, he's got other people who want them.

fishy once again.

I told him i was sitting in front of his house with cash in hand and I would like to see the rims and measure them. Again he asks why, I tell him, he assures me that they are exactly what I need. So this is 5:35ish, I am sitting in front of his house. I call him at around 6pm asking where is he, he says he's not far. I tell him I have to leave in 15min, will he been here by then, he says no problem. I ask if someone is home that can show me the rims. He says yeah let me call you right back.

15min later, i need to leave. I have been sitting there for 45 min, I am ready to leave and so I knock on the door and talk to the wife, she mentions she doesn't know where they are and that she just talked to Scott and he was almost there.

Fine what is another 10 mins after 45 right?

At 6:20 he calls and says "he ran out of gas, but he has gas now and is on his way." Sound funny to anyone else.

At the point I am putting the key in the ignition to leave, still trying to give this kid some slack, he finally pulls up, it is now 6:35, over an hour after the time to meet.

He opens the garage, the rims are sitting just inside the door, he pulls one out, I throw the tape on them and something is wrong. These aren't anywhere close to 10" wide. He says wait the ring. No kidding he holds the ring about 2" from the rim with the tape still there and says look 10". I ask how big a sidewall does he run and hold it to the rim, barely 8".

At this point I am PISSED.

He is looking at the tape and telling me that those rims are 10" and have enough backspace to clear a 60 caliper, to quote him "I swear to God". The backspacing was close to 4", no way it will clear a 60 caliper.

At this point I tell him, thanks for wasting over an hour, he wants to "make a deal" with me on them, I tell him I don't deal with Liars and drove away.

Soooo I guess this is novel style, but that is my side of the story.

there are so many questions,
why would he out right lie about what the rims were?
why wouldn't he call and say "hey how about 6:30"?
why would he continue to lie for over an hour about how close he was?
why when looking at the tape measuring 8" would he insist that the rims were really 10"s?
and does anyone really believe he "ran out of gas?"

Just my dealing with Scott Creasey, hope it can save you over an hour of sitting in front of his house listening to lies, high pressure bull sh!t and him trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about.

So is this the norm or the exception?

Status
Not open for further replies.