Sold my XJ........

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Well as the title says I sold my XJ llast friday, some Idaho boys came down to look at it, took it for a test drive, and heard all the goods and bads with it then decided to buy it. I got a call tonight from the guy he was going through the reciets I had given him pertaining to work done on it over the past few years and was trying to reach a shop I had taken it to to ask them questions but instead dialed my number. While talking to him I found out it drove just fine on the test drive and all the way back to Idaho thats when the problems started, it started to overheat, it started to leak ATF fluid pretty good, and occasionally would get a check engine light that would read out to be a misfire on 5 of the 6 cylinders:freak::confused:.

He sounded depressesd while talking to me not upset like he was going to come after me(legally) but I feel really bad even though I didn't have those problems and didn't know they were about to happen. I know the "as is" sale policy and everything but how would you feel if this happened to a vehical you just sold? I feel like a used car salesman (no pun intended). What say you?

Crankylove

Crankylove
If you knowingly sold him a lemon, that would be one thing, but, if you disclosed all issues you knew about before hand, and he was good with the deal..........a used car is just that, used. Stuff happens anytime, you just lucked out and it didnt happen to you. I just purchased a 88 cherokee, that "runs good, just passed emissions and safety" It does run good, but the brakes took a crap on me a week after i got it. So far i have put $100 into getting them back in shape. I knew it was used when i got it, and looked it over before i took it home, its the nature of the beast i guess. Dont feel bad. As long as you didnt deliberately mislead them as to the condition and and problems that you KNEW about, i wouldnt feel like you conned them or anything.