Some industrial stuff I did... at Veritas

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I was invited to shoot an industrial printing press facility.. here are a few that I love!

v1HDRx-X3.jpg

v4HDR-X3.jpg

v9HDR-X3.jpg

v3HDR-X3.jpg

v2HDR-X3.jpg

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Tacoma, I shall have more for you in a few days! I have about 200 I took, just picking through them slowly and enjoying them :)

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Moody, I shoot 3 exposures then tonemap them with HDR. Then layer mask the original back in to keep them as realistic as i can using luminosity layer masking.

I also shoot raw, on a canon 5dmkii and my trusty 16-35 2.8 L II

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Great photos!! Are you getting paid for your photography now or do you just do it for fun?

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I sell prints, and licenses occasionally, I am trying to make enough to pay me for a full time gig without having a job.. its slow, but I am really enjoying it.

D94R

Moody, I shoot 3 exposures then tonemap them with HDR. Then layer mask the original back in to keep them as realistic as i can using luminosity layer masking.

I also shoot raw, on a canon 5dmkii and my trusty 16-35 2.8 L II

What do you mean by this exactly? I shoot 3 shot HDR in RAW as much as possible, and post process that with Photomatix or SNS, then Paint.NET or PS, but haven't really explored much with the paint.NET or PS. Layer masking though isn't something I've really studied to understand.

Great shots by the way.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
In order to make a good HDR layer masking is 100% necessary... google it, its a pretty popular photoshop technique to be able to get realistic tones and not some trashed sky... you will notice the major problems with HDR in the skies when you create them. Among other objects..

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Well now you know how to easily correct an HDR sky, or any object that gets really nasty looking... most of the time people who hate HDR due to the artist not creating a more realistic image... but it all depends on what it is your going for.. I am trying to create art a little manner.