Some things I saw today

CJ Matt

Yes that is a C-17. The plane with a flip up nose could be Russian. I have a picture of a large Russian made cargo plane that is used over there. The picture was taken in Iraq a few months ago. I will look when I get home from work.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Boeingnosey2.jpg

Cargolux_B747-400F.jpg

Jumbo-Jet-anniversary-40t-017.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
looks like it, right there.

Also saw today, a 9 3/4" camel spider. Guy on the first floor of the building we're doing yelled for us to look down-- he had a tape next to a slow-moving beast, measured an honest 9.75" from the back of its body to the tip of its upraised front legs. :eek:

I need more fire. Please send flammable aerosols, ASAP, and lighters.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
If you can hit those things with some spray paint it slows them down a lot. Thats how we ended up with orange lines across our floors when I was there. Those things are crazy fast.

CJ Matt

Some pics from Iraq. I wish I had more of the MRAP's. We were not supposed to take pictures at work but we drew a lot of attention and everyone had cameras. Of course we took pics too:) but I didn't include any from work.

Attachments

• P4140112.jpg
    P4140112.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P4140122.jpg
    P4140122.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 30
  • P4150143.jpg
    P4150143.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 19

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... and I am older than you but I don't like show of respect. F**k off, Meat!! You'll call me Tacoma!! or whatever other name you'd like LOL

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My son in law, Steve, is a mod engineer on the C17. He just got back from Turkey at Christmas. He said that watching the death spiral is nothing like being in the airplane.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
We came in pretty good, but it didn't feel anywhere near as steep a dive as some of these planes take.

Watching the F15's is even better though, they take off and crank hard left or right about 50' off the deck, and stay pretty low for a while, it's awesome to watch them slide through the air like that.