Some wardrobe advice

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
So I'll be attending a wedding this weekend and I was looking for some advice on the wardrobe. I dont feel like looking too plain, so I was thinking of picking up a vest to throw on to break up the look a little. I dont know squat about attire etiquette or what not, so I'm seeing if any of you guys are pros.

For starters the slacks I'll be wearing will probably be a dark gray color, like charcoal or carbon. I want to wear a solid color shirt, I dont know if the vest and tie should match up though or if they should be different colors? Do all vest come in two-tone? Like front/back or just the ones meant to be worn with a suit? I dont plan to wear a suit, for starters I dont own one and I'm not the one that has to dress up fancy, I just want to look nice.

Opinions? Suggestions? I went to Fashion Place today and stopped in at Macy's, Dilliards and Nordstrom and didnt really find anything eye catching, although Nordstrom or Dilliards, cant remember which had a good variety of ties and shirts to pick from, although I didnt really stop and look at them. I'll be coming back tomorrow so I'd like to have a pretty well rounded out idea of what I want to pick out.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
3976368932_bf9f6047d7.jpg

Take your pick.

[/Thread]

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Wedding attire has more to do with the setting of the event and your relationship with those getting married than it does just to look good. You typically want your shoes and belt matching and at least one color in the tie to match the color of the shirt, that is unless of course it's a white shirt then tie doesn't much matter.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Great, thanks for that info. My belt and shoes do match and I will keep the rest in mind when shopping for the shirt and tie. I am pretty good friends with the couple and I am well connected with their whole family practically.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
First thing that came to mind also.

Second thing for me.

The first was when a very close buddy told me he wanted me in a tux for his wedding, because he wanted me in the pictures. He told me it was all set up at mens warehouse and I need it sized and then to pick it up. I did all that and then the lady charged me for the rental fee. :mad: Why should I have to pay for the tux if he wanted me in it?

rholbrook

Personally, not a fan of the vest. Go to Nordstroms and find the gayest guy there and ask him to dress you. Honestly, Nordstroms has people there that will dress you.

DAA

Honestly, Nordstroms has people there that will dress you.

My experience there says this is very true. However, I usually go with the hottest MILF rather than the gayest guy. There is usually at least one big titted, cleavage showing, overly made up but totally fashion savvy MILF on deck at Nordies at any given time.

- DAA

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Seriously though, matching shoes with belt and some dark dress socks are almost always mandatory! Oh, and a nice haircut goes a long way too and if ya can slightly coordinate colors with your date that's cool too! If your outside ya might wanna consider dressing a bit down and match the weather compared to a very formal venue where a nice suit is the norm (and in that case you will see vest's to accent). I like to wear very nice pants with solid colored shirt and no tie for casual, then I add the suit coat and tie for formal... this actually allows you to start you day out formal and work you way to a casual environment by ditching the coat and tie for dinner and dancing. I would say go full tux for very formal or if your making an appearance in the show! I once wore some decent kakis with nice polo shirt and flip flops for a summer beach wedding.

Last edited:

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
If I'm not welcome in my dress wranglers and a nice western shirt. I aint going :D So I will refrain from giving advice in this thread

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Thanks for all the input from everyone, including the funny ones lol. I didn't see a whole lot of variety at Nordstrom so I didn't buy anything there, but I did get a dark blue sort of pastel color shirt with a charcoal vest and a grey tie with small blue squares in it that match the shirt from Macey's. My belt and shoes will match.

Once it's pressed and all buttoned up together I will decide if I want to ditch the vest or not.